Stiff leg

OK, so some of you may know from previous posts that Osa got a knee injury and we had to keep her on a limited exercise schedule for a few weeks. That is now over so we are trying to up her exercise a little more. Yesterday we went for a 2 mile walk with the first mile being slow and the 2 a little faster. She did wonderful and didn't seem bothered at all. While we drove home she layed in the back seat and when we got home, her leg seemed stiff. She wasn't lame on it at all, it just seemed stiff. Is this some to really worry about and for those whose pets had injuries, did stiffness occur? The vet opens at 9 and I will give them a call but I just wanted to see if I could get any feedback here. The stiffness only last a couple of hours and after some laying around chewing, she seemed fine.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Maybe it was the length of the walk... maybe cut it down a little ?? and see it that helps any..

Hopefully someone with more experience can give you some advice :)

elegy

overdogged
how much of an increase was it from what she's been doing lately? you might have just done too much too fast. and if that's the case, stiffness afterwards is a pretty normal result.

simorny

see you * the top
you should know when to exercise, when not to exersice and the kind of exercises you gave your dog is very important

Thanks, we have toned the walks down a bit and have been walking on fairly flat ground without any trouble. She has also had a few "puppy spasms" were she turns into the tazmanian devil for a few minutes before bedtime and that hasn't hurt her any.

We don't have any money so we can't bring her to the vet to get her checked out....... JK, we are bring her to the vet on Monday for her post derm mange check so he is going to do another check on her leg.

Members online