Dare ya not to get dizzy.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
This is Backup, all the time.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O_pK5dNvcoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's learning a nice off switch now when enforced inside, in the bedroom and once in a blue moon in the living room when I force a downstay-to-rest command. He will however not ever offer a resting position. This is his most natural state, this and barking with the spinning.

Don't you all want your own lemur?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Wow, lol. So what's the difference between Sloan and Backup? Is it just simply breeding/lines, since they were raised in the same house the same way I presume?

Blaze would be the Sloan. Throw ball now? Now? Now? Now? :rofl1:

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Wow, lol. So what's the difference between Sloan and Backup? Is it just simply breeding/lines, since they were raised in the same house the same way I presume?

Blaze would be the Sloan. Throw ball now? Now? Now? Now? :rofl1:
Yeah, Sloan is by far a more typical dog in that sense. She is ball-ball-ball all the time making her annoying in her own right. lol

I had s bowl of hummus on my lap so it was extra annoying when she shook pool water all over me.

This is why Backup is "so skinny" aside from his regular meals this is the typical reaction if I don't hide all toys first, no matter the food.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FD3wiQLR4b8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honestly Backup is very well bred, everyone loves his mom. His dad is a dog that I've been told you either love him or hate him. Backup is a bit of a weird fluke I think. He's typical in some ways and a-typical in others. He has drive out the wazoo but it's very hard to use at times because he doesn't learn easily. Sloan is just a totally different dog, I'm not even sure how they are so different. lol I wish I could take Backups drive and power and pair it with Sloans brain, ahhhh the perfect dog. :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Don't you all want your own lemur?
But...he's PRETTY!

There are occassions where I think I would love a dog like this. Just ENERGY and FUN and BALL! And then I realize that I would be driven batcrap crazy on the inside of a week! I don't do busy, even though I *want* to!

But he is really pretty.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
No wonder he's always in such good shape lol

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
There are occassions where I think I would love a dog like this. Just ENERGY and FUN and BALL! And then I realize that I would be driven batcrap crazy on the inside of a week! I don't do busy, even though I *want* to!

This is pretty much my exact thought process every time I see photos/videos of Backup and/or Sloan!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
You see... These are a welcome relief

(Sloan has a bone to occupy her)

Because he's been pacing and panting and my headache won't quit and I just asked Denis to put down the dogs when I meant to say put away the dogs before we leave. lol

Squash is a pacer, too. He has a really hard time settling down in the house. If someone had asked me beforehand, I would have said a dog like that would drive me nutso, but honestly once I realized it doesn't mean anything is wrong and it's just... what he does, I've learned to ignore it.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Yeah, Sloan is by far a more typical dog in that sense. She is ball-ball-ball all the time making her annoying in her own right. lol

Honestly Backup is very well bred, everyone loves his mom. His dad is a dog that I've been told you either love him or hate him. Backup is a bit of a weird fluke I think. He's typical in some ways and a-typical in others. He has drive out the wazoo but it's very hard to use at times because he doesn't learn easily. Sloan is just a totally different dog, I'm not even sure how they are so different. lol I wish I could take Backups drive and power and pair it with Sloans brain, ahhhh the perfect dog. :)
He's like. . .an OCD Border collie or something, lol.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
But...he's PRETTY!

But he is really pretty.
lol I would love all that about It's the default to major teeth application that would get old with me I think.

But Adrianne I agree you need to somehow mix Sloan's brain with the rest of Backup lol. Maybe in the Sloanpups???? :)

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Oh the pacing annoys me but mostly because the panic panting he does if nothing is in his mouth. Never thought I'd dislike panting more than barking but go figure.

He's really a fun, fun dog when you don't try to accomplish anything with him. Haha

We won't ever breed him but we are hoping Q adds the drive and power and also evens out the queen bitch and her attitude, a bit. lol plus he's a thinker which I lurve. Fingers crossed!

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
We won't ever breed him but we are hoping Q adds the drive and power and also evens out the queen bitch and her attitude, a bit. lol plus he's a thinker which I lurve. Fingers crossed!
Oh I didn't mean actually breed Backup to her...just that I like your thought process there is all ;)

Hope all is going well in terms of getting her squared away with testing (health and performance), etc. Having Sloanpups around will be fun. Especially for us lol

Grab

Maybe Julian is secretly a Malinois. He spins too. He just recently stopped doing it constantly...he's almost 11....but it's still what he reverts to if anything is exciting or if he really wants something. He, too, is bony most of the time. And let me tell you, people hate seeing hips and ribs on a Yorkie...

Members online

No members online now.