How much does your dog shed?

RD

Are you dead yet?
The BC3 are minimal shedders. Being the largest dog with the most hair, Dakota sheds the most. I do find little black or white hairs now and then, but for the most part these dogs are super tidy.

Zaphod sheds like dog hair is going out of style. I run the furminator over his coat every day and continually pull gobs of hair out of his seemingly short coat. And still, I feel hairs coming loose as I pet him. Ugh. I hate it!

A

Angel Chicken

Kona-- despite her short fur, is a shedder. She sheds... and sheds... and sheds more. I brush her daily, but it's no help. She'll be shedding a pound off.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus is the same way, RD. He sheds like crazy. I attack him with the horse curry comb every day, and he just keeps on shedding. When you give him a scratch, you can see the hair flying. And it's not the easy-clean type hair. They're little, short hairs that I swear are barbed from the way they stick into everything. Even the vaccuum cleaner has issues picking them up.

I used to think the sheeding was a diet or health issue, but the vet says Zeus' coat is wonderful. It's just the way he is. *sigh*

Voodoo, on the other hand, is a minimal shedder. A few hairs here and there, but nothing really noticeable.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I can always tell when Ada has been here for a weekend... little white hairs over everything!

The dobes shed, but not noticeably. It's not uncommon to find a lone Doberman hair on the laptop, or in a cup, or on a plate... it migrates! Also a bitch when you get a dobe hair imbedded in your foot - they're like little splinters and they HURT!

But, as far as walking into a house and seeing Doberman hair, or looking at someone's outfit and seeing Doberman hair.... nope, doesn't happen. It's mostly invisible. Until you wash dog blankets, that is - the lint trap is covered in dobe hairs!

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I can always tell when Ada has been here for a weekend... little white hairs over everything!

The dobes shed, but not noticeably. It's not uncommon to find a lone Doberman hair on the laptop, or in a cup, or on a plate... it migrates! Also a bitch when you get a dobe hair imbedded in your foot - they're like little splinters and they HURT!

But, as far as walking into a house and seeing Doberman hair, or looking at someone's outfit and seeing Doberman hair.... nope, doesn't happen. It's mostly invisible. Until you wash dog blankets, that is - the lint trap is covered in dobe hairs!

This is how it is for Pit Bull hair. You never walk in my house and say, "EW. I see Ella hairs all over the place." But when I sweep the kitchen and the bathroom, I get a few. Or, like Sizzle, when I wash her bedding, or in fact, OUR bedding, the lint trap has a gathering at the bottom of Ella hairs.:D

darkchild16

We are Home.
HAHAHA shedding the bain of my house LOL.

Tytus and Ellie Mae are minimal shedders.

Walker, he lays down it is covered in little white shepard hairs.

Patches makes our house look like we had a snow storm. You have to clean the broom from sweeping about 6+ times in ONE room because her hair clings to it.

Whisper does moderatly but its like human hair so its not to bad to pick up.

Scirracco is like Walker. Greys are shedders and bad shedders.

Never come to our house if you dont like dog hair ;)

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
Really Maggie and Tucker don't shed bad at all. I love the Cocker Spaniel coat honestly lol.

NOW lol Jesse's dogs lol.

Tino being a Rat Terrier and its spring he sheds like crazy. I am always left with a film of white hair on my clothes lol. Badger has about the same issue as Tino. Zeppelin isn't so bad slightly worse than my dog but not quite as bad as his boys lol.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Mollie doesn't shed at all.

Izzy and Frodo shed and shed and shed and shed and just for a change of pace they shed some more. It's managable when I furminate a lot, but there's never a time when I can't pull hair off them. When they were on raw it was so much better.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy sheds, and then he sheds, and then he sheds some more, and its only getting worse now that its warming up here. I'm currently washing all his bedding and mine, and the lint trap is just dog fur. Thats it. And Oz hair sticks out everywhere, it blends in with NOTHING. I can pet him, and he will shed. I got a zoom groom for him and do that as I'm washing him and I constantly have to unclog the drain, and then I'll brush him wet and get hand fulls, blow dry him, and then brush him again and get even more hand fulls. But that does cut down on the amount he sheds...

LauraLeigh

OMG... Shedding is my only frustration with my JRTS... They SHED and SHED and SHED some more.... The smoothie in my home sheds twice as much as the Broken coats but thye all shed like madmen, little white hairs everywhere, all over everything and in everything....... and the car:yikes: don't even get me started, I Love taking them with me but sheesh..... I know that the poodle crosses are not always guaranteed to not shed but mine does not, his coat is a nightmare however, and needs grooming very 6 to 8 weeks easily....

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Lucy doesn't shed much. She has very short, thin fur. I sometimes find her little hairs, but they're not noticeable when you walk in the house. Millie sheds more than Lucy, but not too badly. She doesn't shed much until it starts warming up. Having Harley (Rottweiler) was really something else. It's the same thing now when I go to see him. When you pet him a small cat falls off of him. When he gets a good brushing (I'm the only one who ever does that, honestly) there's enough fur there for a bloody polar bear.

Bear sheds alot. I can sweep my floor and brush him everyday and there are still Bear hair tumbleweeds rolling around in the kitchen. Dixie, Really hasn't started shedding. But I keep hearing labs shed alot. maybe she's just still too young yet.

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Annnnnnddd. Speaking of HAIR, I just moved some blankets to the dryer, there was so much hair trapped in them, it was even stuck to the sides of the tub in the washer! :yikes:

Maggie hasn't shed much so far. She's losing a little bit of hair now that it's starting to warm up a bit but not nearly as bad as the cat!

Giny

They don't...lol

Well actually they do, it just stays in their coat until we brush it out.

milos_mommy

Milo hardly sheds. Only when i brush him, really, and an occasional few hairs around here and there.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I only have to vaccume once a week. I can let it go a bit longer before I start seeing hair accumulating on the carpet.

I just ruffled and pulled at Sierra's coat (not hard, but enough that on a lab you'd probably get a handful of hair) and got so little I was able to count how many hairs were in my hand. About 10. Only one was guard hair, the rest was very fine, hard to see.

Infact, the furminator doesn't seem to do much for her. She has thick guard hairs, and not much of an undercoat, and the furminator seems to ONLY pick up a bit of undercoat. It works much better on my cats :)

Sweet72947

Squishy face
They don't...lol

Well actually they do, it just stays in their coat until we brush it out.
Benji's coat is just like that! He's naked right now though because we just had him shaved last Tuesday, poor thing gets hot if its over 55 degrees F.

Daisy sheds a lot, you can find black undercoat gathering in the corners. And if you look closely at her blankets, you can see that they get quite hairy between washes.

BostonBanker

Well, it seems like a ton to me because my last dog was a Bedlington, but really probably very little. I run a curry over her a few days a week and get a small ball of what looks like little porcupine quills, and that's about it. I never really see it on my clothes or anything.

Paige

Let it be
Between the twins when the weather gets warmer a boat load. Once they have done their yearly shed it isn't too bad.

Miley doesn't shed.

Members online

No members online now.