Hotel Comforters- Do you use them?

Do you use hotel comforters?

• Yes- who cares about a little semen, dead skin flakes, blood, or other bodily fluid?

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Yes- it helps build up my immune system!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Yes- it doesn't bother me enough to not use them

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Yes- I didn't know they were never washed!

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Sometimes- if I'm cold enough, I'll use them

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Never- it's disgusting to lay under a used comforter!

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Never- I don't like blankets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never- other

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I refuse to stay in hotels

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Clam Chowder

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Many hotels don't wash the comforters on the beds in between guests. The comforters are big and bulky and difficult to wash, so hotels just leave them on the beds until they become visibly dirty.

Certain hotel chains claim to change out all of the bedding in between guests- I think Hilton is one of them.

So... does this bother you? Obviously there are many unsanitary things about hotels (glasses, door knobs, TV remotes, phones, etc), but the comforter is the biggest yuck-factor for me.

I won't use the comforters if I'm unsure of their cleanliness status. It grosses me out to lay under something that other people have slept in (or slept together on) :yikes:

Poll to follow!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I stay in hotels a LOT for sports, and I just crawl into the bed and crash usually, too tired to worry about cleanliness. Haven't died yet. :D

crazedACD

If I'm in a swanky hotel that seems clean enough and I'm cold...probably. Usually I don't have an extra blanket with me (going on a plane). If I'm in a $40/night off the highway motel...I'm probably in my car...and I will use my own stuff.

I try not to stress out about it too much though.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I don't really stay in hotels :p I stayed in a hotel for the first time in YEARS back in... November? And I'll be staying at another hotel for 4 nights this April.

Usually, I just crash in Chazzers' guest rooms :p I prefer it that way :lol-sign:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
:rofl1: True. The very first time I went to Jessie's, like 1-2 hours after I first met her, we went into the guest room and she goes "here's your bed. The headboard creaks".

I wanted to no question her knowledge of that :p
That stupid headboard creaks no matter what you do. It's defective :rofl1:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I've always just slept in the hotel beds assuming the bedding is clean. Now I'm going to be forever skeeved out of hotels thanks lol. Consider the type of people that sometimes sleep in hotel beds and the dirty things people do in those beds I would prefer they clean ALL of the bedding each time a new guest will be using that room. When I was younger I would totally get a hotel room with boyfriends if I wanted to ummm have some fun since I couldn't do that with family around.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I use the blankets under the comforter, but never the top layer comforter unless I'm at a hotel that obviously cleans alllll blankets. I go so far as to bring an extra fleece blanket when I travel just in case I get cold.

There's been one time I used the hotel comforter (freeeezing cold room, thin blanket) and I folded my smaller fleece blanket over the top edge so at least my face wasn't touching it. LOL

Xandra

I'm not worried about it giving me a disease or cooties, but I know it's technically gross to sleep in stranger-used bedding, but I can't bring myself to care,,,,,, soooo I leave it on.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
If it's a hotel that Adam's dad owns, then yes. If it's some random one we're staying at for a car show or something, no. They're gross. We put sheets over everything and use our own blankets.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Meh, most of the time it really doesn't bother me. The only time I have been skeeved out by a hotel bed was when DH and I stayed in this super cheap and crappy motel on our way down to the Smokie mountains to camp. I turned down the bed and there was a pube between the sheets :yikes:. We promptly went out and got our camping gear to sleep in.

Depends on the hotel. I usually stay at Holiday Inn and their comforters are bright white and clean...you would see any tiny little stray hair, spot, etc so yes I feel comfortable using those (and just try to ignore the amount of bleach etc used to keep them that white lol)

PawsibleDogs

Crazy Dog Nerd
I take them off the beds and would probably only use them if they looked definitely clean, or I was so cold it was that or freeze to death. ;) Iiicccckk!

Members online

No members online now.