The dog musing/vent thread

iriskai

She asked if I was going to breed him. I said we hope to but he still has some health testing to be completed first.

She nodded like she knew what I was talking about but I could tell by the look on her face that she was confused and trying to figure out what I meant.

Is it really that strange? People really don't know??
Even my coworkers, who know something of my obsession with dogs, cannot fathom why I'm keeping Rhys intact if I'm not going to breed him.
My Mom is convinced that leaving Hudson intact means he is going to die of prostate cancer.
People are absolutely floored when they find out I have an intact male and an intact female... and have no intentions of breeding them together. I had one guy I met on the street insist I should breed them together, and that he would definitely take a puppy. No thanks?

Slick

Kristina
I took a risk and let Leo off leash at a local middle school where a few people come with their dogs. I was pretty sure that he would do well, but wasn't 100% sure since he is so leash reactive to other dogs.

He did so well! He is a tiny bit rude in that he tries to chase other dogs who are fetching and not interested. But he found a standard poodle who also wanted to play chasing games and the two of them just chased each other all over the field. I now have one tired puppy!

I am really relieved that he is so good off leash, because it means that I can continue to socialize him with other dogs. The fact that he lunges and barks on leash has really stunted that department so far.

I really like this school's field, because it is huge, mostly fenced and only a few people take their dogs there so it isn't overwhelming.

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
My dog is amazing .. we spent last night at my nana's house, then went to the dog park today for a sheltie meetup that my friend asked me to accompany her to. After that we popped by my sorority house and Seamus got loved on by absolutely everyone. He was so adaptable and well-behaved. He did great on the bus and subway and was just fantastic the entire day. I'm so proud of him. :)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Juno is being a vomit machine. Sort of. Starting yesterday, she vomits after eating breakfast/dinner and they are GINORMOUS piles. And she can't puke on the wood floor. No, she picks the rug. Pain in the butt to clean.

I don't really want to bring her to work because she's otherwise acting totally normal. But I guess if she does it again tomorrow morning, I might have to, poor dog would probably like to utilize what she's eating.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Abrams had a bath tonight and now he's all poofy. :D And soft and shiney.

Also, I really need to work with him more. I've really done crap for structured training and he is still so good. I mean, he has horrible manners because I let him jump up on and mouth me all the time, but when we work he is so good. He held a sit/stay when a coworker walked by to take the trash out, and he recalled off another coworker and then gave me 100% focus. I can't imagine how good he'd be if I actually tried. I really need to make working with him a priority, because he would be awesome!

k9krazee

I took Crossbone to barn hunt practice for the first time (I've been helping run & coordinate practices but usually leave bonehead home after doing an intro workshop where he was disinterested) and he did novice courses like a pro! Silly boy!! He had so much fun. Guess he'll accompany me more often!!!!

I've been out of town for several days and will be home soon today, but I'm so homesick for my dogs I can hardly stand it. I've been paging through the pictures on my computer just to see them somehow.

I think I have a problem. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Payton is shaking his head again this morning. Ear is acting up again. I'm guessing it's allergy related because yesterday Georgie was squinting her eye some, and we already know via the vet that is allergy related. I hate it and I hope he doesn't rupture his eardrum again. I don't know if it's worth trying to put him on a different food... it's probably just environmental. =<

DJEtzel

Why on earth can I not make up my mind about the breed of my future dog. There are just too many that I want. I've kind of been turned onto Dobermans, in the last day. Why haven't I considered them before? Big, aloof personalities, but not all that shedding like the GSD has! XD

Brattina88

I have a break before I have to go back to work... I have time to quick-groom one dog, so I put Bailey up on the table and do her real quick. After she's finished I put her down and give her a treat. Then I run to the bathroom before I put the dogs away to return.... I come back... Maddie is somehow on top of the table :confused: so I think she jumped on top of her crate, and the to the drier. I cringe to think if she would've missed or slipped. This dog is never going to slow down :rofl1:

Yes, I did brush and give her a treat before I rushed back to work :popcorn: feels all wrong and now I'm OCD fixated on those nails I never got to, and grinch feet. :eek:

Locke

I've never had a dog that is not 10000% housetrained until adopting Smiley and now I am SERIOUSLY frustrated with his recent bout of marking. He was doing really well until a few days ago when I found he peed in the bathroom upstairs and then today he peed in the basement bathroom and marked the oven, cabinet and bookcase!! What the hell?!

If it happens again tomorrow I'm going to take him to the vet to test for a UTI, but if it's not a UTI, I think I might have to opt for a diaper.......oh lord.

Torch

I've been out of town for several days and will be home soon today, but I'm so homesick for my dogs I can hardly stand it. I've been paging through the pictures on my computer just to see them somehow.

I think I have a problem. :p
I'm the same way. Totally obsessed with my two. I work away from home 12 hours a day and miss them often throughout the day. I have tons of candid photos on my phone of them and look through them daily. My coworkers tease me all the time.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I want to see them! What collars did they get? And if you say Ned got yellow I will cry though.
-hides-

It's not TOTALLY yellow! It's gold...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1410707_645306018845837_1626411877_o.jpg
My mom wanted something subtle/not too bright or contrasty. Better than red on him though, right?!

I did not have the same reservations with Quinn though. Bright? No problem!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1402419_622743534435419_1506012556_o.jpg
But with brass hardware. I always oil my leather like crazy so it will be slightly darker in no time.

Very excited! They are from Hill Top Leather Shop (where Nola's padded leather collars are from).

(photos linked because they are huge!)

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Ended up bringing Juno to work today, got texts from my mom multiple times this morning SHE'S PUKING EVERYWHERE. One even included a picture. Thanks, mom. So, did x-rays because why not, just to rule out an obstruction. Which is all I care about. I don't mind waiting out the vomit and treating the symptoms, when it carries on like this though I start to worry about an obstruction especially since she was only vomiting pretty quickly after eating. Nothing obvious on the x-rays, though. So fasting and bland diet it is.

She's such a good girl though. :) Ridiculously tense when you try to position her for an x-ray lol but otherwise she's the perfect patient!

I feel horrible fasting her though. First thing she did when we got home was go sit in the kitchen and stare at her food bowl. Can't fool her, she knows when it's time to eat. Thank God the other dogs were already fed when we were gone. That would have just been mean lol.

Grab

Newt is on antibiotics because she got an irritated rear end. On the upside, while I had her in, I learned she's lost the ridiculous amount of weight she had gained by being a garbage picker and a food stealer. (she has been on a diet) She's back to her whopping 4.5 lbs.

I just handed my dog over to Alaska Airlines. Ugh, she was so stressed out, and I'm worried, and even though it'll be fine I can't help but feel my stomach somersaulting. The agony! I just hope she's going to be in one piece and most of all just THERE at my destination.

Members online

No members online now.