The Venting Thread

crazedACD

I didn't get accepted to Arizona State University. I have a high school diploma, had a 3.4 GPA in high school with mostly A's and B's (NO D's or F's), reasonable SAT and ACT scores, and I've been in community college for two years with a 3.5 GPA. What else could a state school want?? I did a ton of reading on how easy it is to get accepted there and that transfer students almost always get accepted.

:(

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Our stupid neighbor's stupid yappy dogs were losing their fool minds when I let the dogs out. Jack pretty much ignores them, but of course Sally can't resist running the fence (it's a privacy fence, but you can kind of see through the slats), making them bark even harder so finally I rounded the dogs up and brought them in. I don't know how people stand endlessly yapping dogs....

CaliTerp07

I didn't get accepted to Arizona State University. I have a high school diploma, had a 3.4 GPA in high school with mostly A's and B's (NO D's or F's), reasonable SAT and ACT scores, and I've been in community college for two years with a 3.5 GPA. What else could a state school want?? I did a ton of reading on how easy it is to get accepted there and that transfer students almost always get accepted.

Ugh, I'm sorry :( I was devastated when I didn't get into the school I wanted out of high school. I am fairly certain I should have gone to therapy for my depression; it hit me that badly. I hope you get into the school that is the right fit for you soon.

crazedACD

Ugh, I'm sorry :( I was devastated when I didn't get into the school I wanted out of high school. I am fairly certain I should have gone to therapy for my depression; it hit me that badly. I hope you get into the school that is the right fit for you soon.
Thanks. It's not really a uh..prestigious school, and I never really thought I wouldn't get accepted. I only applied to this one (and had troubles with lost transcripts, old debt I wasn't aware of) and finally got everything I needed submitted and thought I was 'home free'. Kind of put all my eggs in this one basket...now it's going to be a scramble to figure out where I even want to apply.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

:( I'm sorry. I would definitely call admissions and see what happened! Hopefully it is something that just got overlooked.

Airn

I came home to find Gwen had pooped ALL OVER/IN her crate. Trying to air out the house. She was not happy with a bath. I felt so bad for her, since it's not exactly warm water and she was whining the whole time :(

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Can you maybe call admissions and see if they can give you a better idea of why you weren't accepted?! Maybe it's something silly like they got the wrong paperwork or somesuch.
This.

Also, are you well rounded other than grades? My cousin had to apply to a state dental program a couple of times before he got in, and he had fantastic grades and an undergrad degree in biology from Brown, but they didn't think he had enough extracurriculars or community service.

CaliTerp07

It needs to be summer.

I am bored of my activities and lessons. I can only imagine how my students feel lately. There are only so many ways I can invent games so we can factor quadratics before it's just boring.

Brattina88

It needs to be summer.

I am bored of my activities and lessons. I can only imagine how my students feel lately. There are only so many ways I can invent games so we can factor quadratics before it's just boring.
This, so much :eek:

I really am growing to hate the month of May. Soooo many assessments, conferences, and end of the year work to do. But we all have cabin fever and it rains so much off and on our outside time is usually limited, the children are crabby and quite frankly so are the adults! It should just be summer already!!! :p

Grab

Had to put one air conditioner in. Blah. I was really enjoying the low electric bill, so hoping it can be a part time thing for at least a little while. But it is Arizona...

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Ahhhhh it's almost summer! It's time to start recirculating the photo of the dogs feet burned raw after it was locked on a hot roof and selling it as proof that dogs will die if you walk them on anything other than grass.

Come on people, it's an old photo, the real news story is out there.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Argh, I KNOW! And I love the "their feet are the same as your feet" - ummm I can walk barefooted at 77* and my feet are nowhere NEAR as calloused as my dogs'!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My mom is in the hospital, and my boss's father in law just had a massive stroke, so I'm on call for work tomorrow. I'm stressing, so sleep, yeah, not going to happen. I just want Josh to be here. **** you third shift!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have to leave for Houston this morning to vist OH for a few days ... I should be excited & happy, what am I? Anxious, nervous & scared as hell (nothing hsvng to do with him) the trip (since its not a route I've traveled in over a year) is what scares me ... The last thing I want to do is get lost in Houston ... YIKES! :yikes:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My grandmother has always been bizarrely healthy and active. (She even made it on the cover of a fitness magazine a few years ago).
Just found out she's selling her dream house to move into assisted living. :/
I am so angry because it's all her doctor's fault. He gave her and several others seriously botched hip replacements. Ever since that surgery nothing has been the same with her. Even the Mayo Clinic and other surgeries to fix the damage could only help so much. Times like this I'm glad I believe in karma. The asshole ruined her life.

Gypsydals

Just a little one. Its raining and looks like its going to rain most of the day. and its my day off. Why can't it do stuff like this on the days I work. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.