Got kicked by a horse today >_<

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Today I was cleaning a stall & out of no where (the stupid guy ... The older dude that knows nothing) gave them 7 CC's of clenbuterol which is waaaaaay too much IMHO, the most we have ever given is 3! Anyway something going by on the rd outside caused a bright reflection to flash & she spooked (I was at the back of the stall, the horse was no where near me) & kicked out before do could get out of the way & kicked me in the area btw my chest & shoulder area it was technically a 'glancing' blow but it was hard enough to knock me against the back of the stall wall & knock my glasses off (which I found in the hay un schathed thank god) so needless to say I am pretty sore right now (PLZ excuse any typos lol, it hurts to move my shoulder at all) I don't think it's broken but I do have one he'll of a hematoma ... Will post pics when I can.

ACooper

Ack! Glad it wasn't worse, I'm sure it could have been.

We who do not own horses only see the glamour of riding them, all the hazards and yucky stuff aren't what we want to think of, LOL

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah she could have gotten me in my face lol now that would have been bad :-S

Honestly thr thought of moving my arm in a circle makes me cringe, I have this weird thing where I CBS look at horrific injuries & horses I buries with NP but thinking about or looking at injuries of my OWN makes me kinda nauseous lol.

The pain is not horrible or unbearable, I had a little but if a head ache thr other day & last nite, I don't think that I hit my head on the back (half way up the stalls is a wire screen, not a solid wall I the back... Which is where I was standing) but I think I did suffer slight whiplash or something (neck doesn't hurt & there is no sore spot on my head anywhere).

My shoulder pain is more like deep achy pain since where she kicked me was in the soft tissue area btw my boob & my shoulder/upper arm area.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
well i seem to be gaining range of motion every day LOL i can put my hair in a bun now (i use one of those clippy things to put my hair up in the shower after i wash it to keep my body wash from getting into it) & now thankfully i can do that by myself ;)

Doberluv

Well, that is progress for ya, to be sure. I know...those horrendous bruises make your whole muscles all weak and unable to do anything. Just be careful from now on. Watch those crazy horses. I've had my share of injuries from them myself.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Luckily I will have a while to heal from this before we start doing horses again lol... Still cent lay on my left side tho & I don't think I will ba able to for a while, also when inlay on my right side I need something to prop my opposite arm up with or it's not comfortable :/

Romy

Taxiderpy
Owie. :( Do you have any access to DMSO working with the horses? Something like that might do a lot to speed the healing along.

Members online

No members online now.