My Poor Babies...

Plushie

Husky Mom
When I woke up this morning, I took a shower, got dressed, fed the cats and was heading to get the dog food when I noticed Dawson, my mom's rottie. He was laying on his side, frothing at the mouth, whining in pain. At first I thought he had rabies, but I would know if he was bitten since he's supervised all and he couldn't stand. We rushed him to the vets and there he still is.

Penny (my 13 year old niece) and I were so worried about him we didn't crate the dogs when we left, the dumbest mistake of my life. Jack had fallen down the stairs somehow (I think he went downstairs the sametime as another dog and he got knocked off balance), and he was laying down looking at me. I didn't notice anything was wrong until I bent down and stroked his back, and he literally screamed when I touched his legs. He's at the vets tonight, too.

I feel like this is all my fault. My mom is never going to trust me with Dawson or her other dogs after this - we nearly lost Dottie forever, and Dawson... Ugh. I can't believe I was so stupid. Why didn't I crate the dogs?! Why?! Now my poor little baby is hurt and Dawson too, and I love them so much. Has anyone ever had that happen before? Had a big rush, forget to do something and then have a bad result because of it?

Plushie

Husky Mom
Sorry guys, I've been working and have been watching Sindra's pups to take my mind of of it.

The vet says he thinks it was some type of stroke or something on Dawson?:confused: I don't know what caused it he just said he was 80% sure that's what happened, and Dawson is still struggling. She thinks he may have some neuralogical damage and we have no idea how long he was down there like that for which makes it ever more difficult.

Jack broke his back right leg and fractured the left back ankle. :( He's in a very mopey condition, too. The vet wants me to come in tonight to cheer him up - I've been calling her every like 20 minutes to see if their okay. :lol-sign:

Thanks for the thoughts guys. ;-; I want to bring them home so badly. My mom hasn't called me in a while though, so hopefully Dawson will get better and my mom won't have to panic and fly down here on her nice vacation. :(

I still feel aweful. I must be haunted by some evil doghater spirit or something.

Members online

No members online now.