Pups on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1girl

Miakoda, Dont EVEN seek me out amongst the many posters here on this forum and try to make this post about ME!

There was NO CONTRADICTION to any of what happened with me, other then the twisting many people did of the ORIGINAL story.

I NEVER said that I SUPPORTED the OP, however I did say that it was too darn late now to do anything except make sure the pups were born safely at THIS TIME. That's all.

So please dont go twisting things around again. And dont hijack someone elses post.

Besides, didn't I do the right thing by what happened???Didnt I keep most of the litter? Didnt I make sure all turned out just peachy??

Yeah, thought so. So PLEASE leave me alone and quit stalking all my posts that relate to the litter that "happened" over a year ago. Besides, dont you have a family now that needs some attention? Playing internet warrior is unbecoming of you, you should stop.

bubbatd

^^^^ yes, it's so disheartening to those of us who have tried so hard to educate and help .

Look, Mach1girl has already taken her lumps for that and learned some hard lessons, but she learned them, and one thing we do here is respect people who learn from their mistakes.

So, let's get on with things and leave past dramas where they belong - in the past :)

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I agree with, Renee. Mach has learned from her mistakes. That's all you can ask and expect.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Look, Mach1girl has already taken her lumps for that and learned some hard lessons, but she learned them, and one thing we do here is respect people who learn from their mistakes.

So, let's get on with things and leave past dramas where they belong - in the past :)
I agree. ;)

bubbatd

Mach ....I think 1/2 those posts had to be to ,bashing , for , against, supporting and praising you !!! Whew !!! You sure wore me out , gal !

Miakoda

Mach, I wasn't trying to make this post about you. Not everything in life is about you. ;)

I'm just saying that you aren't the most reputable person to be taking advice from on how to deal with this situation.

The remainder of my post was directed at the o.p. & to anyone else who reads it & thinks "oh ****....that sounds like me." :)

Mach1girl

I'm just saying that you aren't the most reputable person to be taking advice from on how to deal with this situation.

:)
Ummm, considering what I have been thru, here and elsewhere and what happened, I think I am a great person to give advice on the subject. Been there, experienced it first hand!

And as far as everything being about me.....Nah, dont think so, it is just when someone tries to turn things around, I have learned to catch it early. Enough is enough on the subject of me and no one should have to bring up negatives again!

L

LabBreeder

I only read the first page and I believe that's all I WANT to read.
Somehow I have a feeling some of you (the very callous ones) will say that what happened next is something I deserved....to all of you that DO say this...may you ROT!!!

We had 2 beautiful, healthy puppies. A boy and a girl. 1.5 lbs and 1.2 lbs respectively. They have the build of their father. Who is, btw, a year old.

The sad part....:(
There was a 3rd puppy (the "iffy" one on the x-ray). He did not come out. We went to the vets and they gave us oxytosin to induce labor again...it didn't work. Tira had to have a c-section. Our beautiful little boy didn't make it. They said he was underdeveloped and that even if he'd been born right after the second one he still wouldn't have made it. They gave him oxygen and tried to keep him going. His lungs were full of gunk and he couldn't breathe on his own. :(
If he had lived we were going to name him "Miracle" and keep him. He is buried in our back yard with a large cross at the head.
Tira is recovering nicely and is doing great with the pups. They both have homes already (before they were even born) and hopefully the next 8 weeks will go well.

I'm sorry most of you feel so....unhappy...about what happened. I am very pleased with the 2 we have...but am VERY VERY SAD about the one we lost. I cried so hard when I knew he was gone that I got a migraine and really don't want to breed her again.

If anyone has anything positive to say I would appreciate it. If anyone wants any further updates I will be happy to comply, otherwise this may be the last post on this thread.

L

LabBreeder

Agree with posts. This is rather silly. Why are these people even posting the announcement of a litter when they already know what everyone's opinion is going to be? I believe it's to solicit an interest in the puppies, in hopes someone will contact them to purchase one. They're obviously some couple that got ahold of a nice pet quality lab and decided "oh, it has papers. Our female is a very good hunting dog that comes from great hunting stock, FYI.We can make some money off of her!" I never had the intention of making money off of her or her pups but rather wanted to carry on her hunting lines if possible.Then another breeder made the mistake of selling them another obvious "pet quality" lab without a spay/neuter contract and they're in business! They made up a kennel name, Everyone "makes up" a name...otherwise you'd all be nameless.took some cute pictures, created a website and locked these 2 dogs in an apt bedroom Not an apt dumb!@$$. They had to be outside for 4 months due to a previous situation and are now inside dogs, just as they were before.and now have that "spring 2007 litter" they'd advertised, on the way. One's too young to breedNeither are to young. , no health tests done, they're pet quality dogs, in an inappropriate environment with people that know very little about dogs. The best one can hope for is that they have a healthy litter and find responsible homes for them that will not try to duplicate what they did, but rather spay and neuter. Then they alter their own dogs before this happens again and they're kicked out of their apt.Again, not in an apartment...if you'd bother to find out or pay attention to what has been said before you speak. With the potential for a 7 to 8 pup litterAgain, I said it was 2/3...pay attention., I don't know of many landlords that are going to allow up to 10 labs, pups and adults in a 2 bd. apt. Have a feeling that's why mom is being allowed to stay in closet verses them having built an appropriate whelping box in their living room. Sad.
She had her "appropriate whelping box" and CHOSE to go to a closet because it was near us. She is in her appropriate are now and the 2 pups are perfectly fine. I would never, ever keep my dogs in a closet. But you don't know me and wouldn't care to so bug off. :mad:

Boemy

One year old IS too young because it's not old enough to test the hips, elbows, etc.

R

RedyreRottweilers

What positive is there to say?

Unproven untitled dogs with no health testing.

Bred by someone who KNOWS BETTER than this.

Welcome to breeding. It is often as much about death as it is about life.

I hope you will get HEALTH TESTING on your dogs so that the buyers of these puppies will have some idea of what to expect down the line with them.

I hope you will take what you have learned here to heart, and try to do a better job of this in the future.

And if you wanted to continue your "hunting lines", I would suggest finding a nice field titled dog with health testing to send her to at the very least.

We had 2 beautiful, healthy puppies. A boy and a girl. 1.5 lbs and 1.2 lbs respectively. They have the build of their father. Who is, btw, a year old.
One year old is NOT old enough! Just because they are able to breed at that time doesn't mean they are ready. I am not a breeder and even I know that! You cannot even have all their tests done like hips and patellar luxation until around 2 years. So did you just skip over that extremely important step? what a shame.

Hopefully you warn the new owners that you failed to have them properly tested and there is a chance the pups may have bad hips when they get bigger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.