Crying while Scratching

My friend and I were both wondering about something. Our puppies cry and whine sometimes when they are scratching their ears. We were wondering what could be causing this and it there something to do to help our little pups?

I am in the process of finding a vet right now since Lola needs to get her first check up and shots and what not. I was just wondering if there was anything to relieve her in the mean time.

Herschel

Take them to a vet. Their ears are probably infected.

Your vet will treat the infection, possibly with antibiotics, and give you a cleaning wash. The cleaning wash might work but it might just mask the problem.

We started using Blue Power Wash and clean Herschel's ears once a month instead of once every 2 days.

http://www.poodles.tv/blueear/

Miakoda

Take them to a vet. Their ears are probably infected.

Your vet will treat the infection, possibly with antibiotics, and give you a cleaning wash. The cleaning wash might work but it might just mask the problem.

We started using Blue Power Wash and clean Herschel's ears once a month instead of once every 2 days.

http://www.poodles.tv/blueear/

I agree. However, whatever you do don't clean them out right before heading into the vets!;) It makes it harder on us.

It could be anything from a bacterial infection, fungal infection (yeast), or even on the rare occasion ear mites (mites are most often found in felines). I suggest finding a vet in the next 24 hours & setting up an appointment. Really the best way to see if you like a vet is to meet him/her in person & see how they interact with both you and your animal.

Good luck with everything.

Members online

No members online now.