The Venting Thread

I fell and sprained my ankle today, badly. Doctor said no weight on it for at least a week, and keep it elevated. When she found out that I'm a groomer and the only one in the salon she told me that I would have to reschedule all of my clients. Next week is almost fully booked. I have thirty some odd clients to call in the morning to reschedule and most are new. I will probably never hear from them again. I feel like such an idiot, who knew that trying to turn on a light and walk down some steps could cause this kind of bull crap. I can't groom sitting because it just never turns out right and having to try to go upand down the stairs that many times a day with crutches and a dog is just... A stupid idea. I definitely have a case if the poor mes right now. Ugh.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
What about resting your knee on a chair so you can stand but not put weight on your ankle?

Kind of like a knee scooter:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Took work off yesterday (an 11 hour shift!), hoping that the day of rest would do me good and help me kick whatever bug I have in the butt. I am glad I took the day off as later yesterday morning I spiked a low grade fever and was achy, mopey, and gross all day long.

This morning at 3:30 I woke up and proceeded to vomit over the course of an hour. :( My fever came back, too.

I can't afford to take more time off of work - I had another 10 hour shift today. Yesterday and today were like half of my weekly hours, and I don't have 21 hours of sick pay just sitting around!

So I took this morning off and am going in to work at 1. When I still feel like crap, but at least I'm not vomiting everywhere and I believe my fever has broke again. But my lungs are full of snot, I have to blow my nose every 10 minutes, it hurts to talk, and I'm constantly coughing up nastiness. Just what a client wants to see in their exam room when they bring their pet in.

And I have to work tomorrow, which will be a short, but insane/crazy, shift. Ugh ugh ugh.

I hate being sick. I hate being sick and living paycheck to paycheck more.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I just don't understand how NONE of my friends know my future husband.
This doesn't seem possible.

I am about to actually dish out money for a subscription to some dating site which is gross IMO.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew

I am about to actually dish out money for a subscription to some dating site which is gross IMO.
What about the guy that Fran met in Boston?! Fran!!! TRACK THAT MAN DOWN!

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie

If it's reassuring, the guy I'm seeing now has grown up in my city his whole life, like me, and even went to school around the corner from where I grew up... and we have NO mutual friends. None.

We just happened on each other on a dating site. And so far he's freaking perfect.

It HAPPENS.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.

According to an advert on TV 1 in 4 relationships now start online.

It must be true!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

No shame in that.

it's better than most of the free dating sites lol all those people want is someone who will show them their boobs lol.

With a paid dating site it's more likely that you'll connect with guys who are also actually looking to find someone and settle down. In theory lol

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
While we didn't meet on a dating site (actually, the gecko site Sael is talking about last page... lol), we did meet online! It does happen, Beanie!

Airn

While we didn't meet on a dating site (actually, the gecko site Sael is talking about last page... lol), we did meet online! It does happen, Beanie!
Same. Not on a dating site, but online.

I really think (and I know this is a crappy thing) that you can't seek out a soulmate or love. Not saying you shouldn't, but you want someone because you love them, not because they're available and you're available so... Why not?

Good luck, Beanie. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time :/

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Brian and I also met online. Not on a dating site but online none the less a d we are approaching 8 blissfulyears of marriage this August :)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I know you guys are trying to be helpful but everybody chiming in about THEY met somebody and have a FANTASTIC boyfriend/SO/husband just kind of feels like punching the still-single girl in the face.
Forget I said anything please.

Moving on I ate one of Payton's mini cupcakes, and now all I want is to eat all the cupcakes forever.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I know you guys are trying to be helpful but everybody chiming in about THEY met somebody and have a FANTASTIC boyfriend/SO/husband just kind of feels like punching the still-single girl in the face.
(((((HUGS)))))

I totally dig this on sooo many levels. All my "friends" are engaged, married, or happily single and I'm always the odd person out.

Lyzelle

Jin is insisting that the only way he will provide spousal support or any leeway in this divorce at all is if I move to Italy so he can "take care of me" there. Uhm. No. He's blaming things like funerals and me entertaining the rumors about me, BeAu and Rhio (uh, that HE STARTED), for this divorce. He's saying I didn't try, at all. He's taking back everything that he ever said or done, despite the fact that I have records of him doing and saying it all. He's running around in circles, being a plain asshole, and the entire time claiming that he's giving me "exactly what I promised". You promised a peaceful divorce. You're taking the absolutely HARDEST route there is at this point. I offered a PEACEFUL resolution. Give me back my possessions, give me the car (one less debt you have to deal with), and spousal support. End. Done. What is so hard about this? No, he'd much rather DENY every ounce of abuse I have documented and ON TOP OF IT, take all money, savings, and possessions of mine, and leave me with absolutely no money, no savings, no housing, no car, no nothing.

On top of it, everything else is just plain shitty right now. I'm expected to go to his sisters birthday dinner tonight with his dad. Oh, and again tomorrow to her highschool graduation. So, let me get this straight. You entertain your ASSHOLE SON and then EXPECT ME to play nice with you people AFTER you said I wasn't allowed and then, oh, sorry, I GUESS you can come now. WTF. KISS MY ASS.

SIL is also being insane. Thanks to rumors and general insanity of everyone, she's going off the wall batshit crazy and insisting BIL and I "live happily ever after" since we OBVIOUSLY love each other so much and she's just so useless and a backseat girlfriend. Hello, one more person who has imploded of INSANITY in my life and wishes to leave not only me, the best friend who stood by her side the last several years, but also her FIANCE OF FOUR YEARS. Over BULLSHIT.

Life. Rage quit. Please. WTF is left, really?

Members online

No members online now.