ferret care?

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I've been thinking about getting one, and was just curious about the kind of care they need?

I've been googling for a while and will continue my search... just thought i'd ask!

p.s. people with website links will be greatly loved!!! :hail: :D

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
They're a lot of work...off the top of my head I can't remember too much, but I know they need at least 4 hours out of their cage, nails trimmed, teeth brushed, ears cleaned, shots (rabies and...canine distemper I think?)...when they get their shots you're supposed to wait at the vets office for about an hour, due to late reactions to the shots, which can get pretty serious.

Yeah I guess I don't remember as much as I thought I did lol, that was pretty vague info. I have a bunch of stuff written in a notebook somewhere. :eek:

joce

I've taken in six in the last five years or so. its always becaues people get them and think they will be easy to take care of and they just are not.

they do have an odor to them-I never found a way around it. Its more musky than really stinky but I don't find it to pleasant. Some are really messy with there poo too. One had to poop right on the side of the litter box and it was always a mess.

But on the plus side they are the funnest things to play with. They are so cute and funny to watch. Some of them really are affectionate too.

I know some seem to be prone to tumors and I think bladder issues but I've luckilly never had any real problems when I've had them. if they were underwieght I gave them the nutrical which they loved and it really brought them back up right away.

It was never hard to find people to take them-the probalem was once they had to clean the poo and realize the work they didn't seem to want them anymore. I'd only give them to someone that had them already.Luckilly the people who like ferrets-really like ferrets:p I know people with ferret rooms and whole huge kid toys and rooms devoted to them.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
believe, me I don't think they are at all an 'easy' pet.

I don't think any pet is easy, besides gold fish of course :D

I wouldn't get one anytime soon, still have a bunch of research to do!

I have two.
They are great pets,almost like a cat. They can be litterbox trained and roam the house.Mine love to curl up on the couch. They do need shots, but so do dogs...And usually when you get them they will already have their distemper shots and are nuetured/descented. The only downfall is...
They "poop". ALOT. and it STINKS. I pour some stuff in mines water that takes away the smell, but it takes 4 or 5 days to start working when u first start it.And you have to keep using it everytime you change the water.
if you have any questions feel free to pm me,or go to my site and email me.

Members online

No members online now.