Well I just don't know!!

Saje

Island dweller
Gustav said:
Yeah he's soppy isn't he!! :rolleyes:

England is overpriced, overpopulated and the weather is mainly terrible!! Voila un bon excuse pour partir et vivre en France!
Which is a good excuse to move and live in France? Roughly. It's a lot easier to read French once you learn another romance language.

gapeach

Big Mutts
I have a question, we were aleays told my maiden name was French. Does it mean anything, or is it common name there? Valiket

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Not as far as I know!! I've never heard of it as a name or a phrase!!! Sorry! I will check in my enormous dictionary though!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thanks, we don't know a lot about that side of family there was a feud :( and they quit talking. What is French/Canadian?

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Lol! Have no idea! Never been to Canada in my life! Lol! I think there are slight variations in the language between French French and Canadian French, certainly in the accent!! Like the French speaking Belgians!!

gapeach

Big Mutts
It was on some of my research, thanks though gotta run talk to ya'll later

bubbatd

French Canadian is french, but some of the phrases are different from european french. I was brought up in Quebec ( asbestos mining town) and we were only among about 400 english speaking people. English school, but took written and spoken french courses from 4th grade up. When I went off to college in the US, I took a french lit class and we were only 4 of us in the class. The prof was from Paris and she had us write a composition. I naturally wrote about a dog. In Que. the word for barking was " Japee"She had never heard of it and kept saying " C'est Aboie " ....

gapeach

Big Mutts
Thanks Grammy, is it common in Canada? Do you know what it means? Sorry to bombard ya with questions but I've been looking for any info on it. :D

Members online