The Good News thread

RD

Are you dead yet?
I took three days off work to do some desensitizing and trust-building exercises with my dog, and I feel loads better and I can tell she does too.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Took the dogs to Petsmart. Abrams did AWESOME. It was a busy Saturday with a ton of people and a ton of puppies, but he handled himself so well. Stayed right by my side with a loose leash at all times, sat down and chilled with a loose leash when I stopped and picked things off the shelves, greeted people (and dogs) politely when they wanted to greet and ignored them when they didn't, and only stole a toy off the shelf when I asked him if that was the one he wanted. LOL

(Cynder stayed in the car because I didn't want two dogs plus a cart, but she thoroughly enjoyed the car ride to and from Petsmart, and it beat her staying at home! And she just chilled out, didn't cry like she does if she really doesn't want to be left.)

Now Cynder is enjoying the gorgeous day outside and Abrams is occupying himself with his new Kong Wubba Friends toy I bought him.

Proud of my dogs. :)

And if this is how all Chessies are, I'm pretty sure I'm always going to have to have one. He is just absolutely perfect.

Saeleofu

We have a trial date, judges booked, and a manager hired to teach us how to run a trial.

Also, I got to teach a class today! It was about habitats :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Posting this on my new Macbook Pro!
Do you love it?! I <3 mine

I'M GETTING A NEW CAMERA! Just a P&S but a good one from what I read and a huge improvement over my old Canon. So excited! The right camera on CL at the right time. Going to pick it up tonight.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Do you love it?! I <3 mine

I'M GETTING A NEW CAMERA! Just a P&S but a good one from what I read and a huge improvement over my old Canon. So excited! The right camera on CL at the right time. Going to pick it up tonight.
It's magical! I'm wondering how i ever survived without it.

It needs a name though. Hmm.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
In response to the major anxiety attack I had in the Venting Thread, I decided on a "me" week as the last bit of mental preparation into the world of self-employment.

Tomorrow morning, optometrist in the morning for eye exam + new glasses!

Tomorrow afternoon, Henna time! I always love henna days. I find them therapeutic and I love seeing my hair after a fresh treatment.

Wednesday afternoon, I go to Serina for a haircut and catch-up. Serina was my BFF in middle school and has since become a hairdresser. She works at an upscale hair salon but also has a studio in her basement and charges cheapo for haircuts for friends, and she lives two minutes away from me.

Thursday I'm giving myself a coconut oil treatment all over. <3

Me-week.

Saeleofu

My laptop said "NO" so even though I didn't want to, I had to replace it.

I'm writing from a Chromebook! I didn't even consider them because I heard so much bad about them, then I went to BestBuy and played with it a bit, saw how much they have changed, and fell in love. Yay! And only $199 :D

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
My laptop said "NO" so even though I didn't want to, I had to replace it.

I'm writing from a Chromebook! I didn't even consider them because I heard so much bad about them, then I went to BestBuy and played with it a bit, saw how much they have changed, and fell in love. Yay! And only $199 :D
Let me know what you think as I'm kind of in the market as well. :)

Saeleofu

Let me know what you think as I'm kind of in the market as well. :)

So far so good! Only hitch so far is that a long ways back, I accidentally got my Google Docs set to spanish. And now...well, I sort of need it in English ;)

It starts up in SECONDS from completely off to ready to go. I logeed in with my gmail password, and ALL MY BOOKMARKS WERE ALREADY IN MY BROWSER when I looged in! It also knows most of my passwords. Basically, if you use the Chrome browser, it's pretty awesome.

My biggest adjustment is screen size. I had a 15.6" screen, and now I'm at around 11" - but it doesn't seem THAT small. Just smaller than I'm used to. I did have a small sensory malfunction, and I think screen size was part of it, but Best Buy also usually sends me into shutdown, so it could be that too...but that's not something most people have to worry about.

AND THE BATTERY LIFE IS SUPPOSED TO BE 5 HOURS. YAY!!!

Members online

No members online now.