gatorade

I've always wondered, if a dog is dehydrated, is gatorade good for them, since its more hydrating than water? I was thinking maybe I should have given it to emma before she died.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Clear Pedialyte is usually a better choice because it doesn't have all that added sugar, which isn't good on a dog's system.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I agree, unflavored pedialyte is much better, but in a pinch diluted gatorade can be okay. I've given Eve a few swigs of my "G2" stuff before when I ran out of water for her.

mrose_s

BusterLove
We had a wallaby a few years ago. One day it was really hot, we were out to brekfast. She obvisouly didn't drink once we got home and we pulled her out of the pouch in the aftrenoon to check if she was okay.
She just flopped. We freaked. rang the vet, they said don't bring her in, all they'll be able to do is charge us to tell us she'll die.
My mums partner at the time used to be a cattle driver and used gatorade to rehydrate animals if they needed it.

We gave some to Sheila, put her in a cool room and she did get better. I thought she was too far gone but she did recover, we mxed it into her water for a few days after.

Maybe not the best thing but we didn't know how much time we had left and we were driving past a shop at the time.

Members online

No members online now.