Oh, this is just wonderful....

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I should have known this was going to happen. Voodoo is once again determined to have his way.

He has learned how to work lever-style door handles. :eek:

My Chaos Demon now knows how to open the storm door and let himself outside. He can't open the solid door, but only because that door opens inward. He hasn't quite figured out how to push down on the handle (our front door has a handle instead of a traditional knob) and pull at the same time.

Today I tried to take Zeus for a walk by himself, just to have some one-on-one time. And guess what? I had just started down the road when Voodoo OPENED the gate and came after us! I heard the scrape of the gate latch opening, and turned around just in time to see Voodoo push the gate open and run after us..."Hold on guys! Wait for me!"

That resulted in some emergency modifications on the gate latch, so he can't open it again.

I just hope to gawd that he doesn't figure out how to open the front door as well as the storm door. And today, I caught him pawing at one of our round doorknobs---he was trying to open the door and play with the ferret! Gawd, I hope he doesn't figure those out.

Heaven help us! Right now, we're trying to discourage him from even touching any door latches or handles. Maybe if we keep him from doing it long enough, he'll forget how.

Bolts. :D Bimmer is a master locksmith, but he is very judicious in the use of his skills. He only uses his power for good ;) Buffy watched him and learned . . . and she was all too willing to use the dark side of her powers to gain her own ends :eek: But she was Bimmer's and my darling . . .

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
Gotta love escape artists:D
My dog Red can open the round door handles. He taught himself to open the bedroom doors. The front and back door he hasnt mastered yet:cool:

Got that covered, Grammy . . . when Charley brought in the new fridge he didn't install the handles. At the time, it was to try to keep his mother out of trouble, but now that we have Shiva . . . . :eek:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
LOL! Fortunately, neither of the dogs have figured out the fridge. Evil Number 1 Kitty, however, figured out how to open the old one. He would open the fridge and help himself to the leftovers. Fortunately, the seal is too strong on our new fridge for him to open it.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota can open latch-style doors, too. Thankfully, he doesnt do so on a regular basis. Ripley, on the other hand... He knows how doors work, he knows how he can open them, but he's just too damned small. Bwahahaha. :D

I really would be in trouble if he was bigger.

Both dogs here have openned the knob style handles they just arent very good at it. If BD ever gets good at it I will have to keep the deadbolt thrown while Im home to keep him from going outside whenever he wants, if I ever get a fence up it would be a moot point.

Members online