good news for pitty lovers !!

bubbatd

I really didn't know where to post this , but felt this area would draw the most attention. Mods can change the site if they choose . Our Indianapolis evening news talked about the Pitbull situation in the city. Because of the popularity of the breed and the problems ...( 30% of dogs in the HS are pitties ) , our city will spay or neuter any full bred or part bred pitbull for nothing ! I do hope many will take advantage of this .

bubbatd

I'm just glad that they recognize the love of the breed and are willing to do this rather than ban.

bubbatd

I'm bumping this only because so many areas are banning Pittbulls...I think this approach is great and I'm proud of Indianapolis to do this !!! Not only the purebreds but the part pitt bulls. We have so many posts b*tching about the negatives... I wanted to post something positive.!

bubbatd

That's why I hope folks here will take advantage of the offer ..... personally I feel it won't work. Those who own them probably don't give a **** ... at least the city is giving them a chance before they ban. Sigh !!

Amstaffer

The Idiots who abuse them and turn them bad won't spay their dogs....Heck they make money with them when they sell the poor puppies to their macho, wannabee ganster buddies.

Many of them hardly feed them or take the dang chain off their necks; let a lone take them to a vet (free or not) and then give them comfort while they recuperate.

Sorry for the rant but I really hate the people who abuse this wonderful loving breed.

They are 30% of the dogs in the shelters because at least 30% of the dogs in the city are most likely Pits or Pit mixes. People in the country and Burbs don't realize how many Pit bull are in the cities.

My Alderman told me that in the city of Milwaukee WI, 1300 Pitbulls were found dead by Animal control in 2004. The cause of the vast majority of the deaths were neglect and abuse....not fighting. Now you know why I am so angry :(

Members online

No members online now.