"Have a nice day!"

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus is alone from 8-5 on weekdays, except for an hour at lunch when we come home to eat.

He's learned how to tell when we're go to work, and act accordingly. At first, he always saw us out to the door and watched from the living room window as we left. Then, he started just sitting and watching us leave. Eventually, he would see us getting ready for work, and make himself comfortable on the couch as we were leaving.

Today takes the cake. I ate breakfast, then went to get dressed for work. Zeus remained in the living room. When I emerged from the bedroom, I saw that Zeus had been busy. He had moved his blankie from the floor to the couch. All his favorite toys had been gathered together and arranged in a neat pile on the blankie. And there was Zeus, sprawled in the middle of his masterpiece, yawning and blinking sleepily. He gave me a look that said as plain as day "Have a nice day! Could you turn off the light when you leave, please?" :rolleyes:

I guess I should be happy that he gets no anxieties while we're gone. From what I understand, that means he's confident that we'll return. Call me weird, but I kind of wish he would be a little more sorry to see us go! ;)

What do your dogs do when they know you're going somewhere without them?

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
LMAO OMG that is priceless!!! lol At least you know what hes doing while your gone!! lol

Riot just goes into a howling fit "MOOOOMMMMYYY CCOOOMMEEE BBBAAACCCKKK, Dont leave me with these Shelties!!!"

Last edited:

Fran27

Lol that's great. You're lucky. The boys follow us to the door everytime we leave, and they're greeting us everytime we come back.

Amstaffer

lol.. Great story

My dogs calmly follow me to the door and then throw the dreaded "You're leaving us forever" look. I feel guilty all the way to work.

LOL! Midnite use to be like that, but now she hates it when we leave. If I don't put her in a "sit, stay" or any position that involves "stay" she'll bark and try to follow us out. She's never really left alone since my mom is disabled and can't go out much.​

mojozen

bullie lover
Mojo is generally crated as soon as I get ready to leave, unless my boyfriend si going to work later than myself. If it's the being crated routine, he will just watch me as I get ready and then either head to his crate himself, or will wait until I say "mojo, Crate." which then he will run in and settle himself in.

If, however, it's a day that my boyfriend goes to work later, or doesn't work at all... then Mojo will grab his rawhide and go sit by whereever Neil is with a look of "Okay. Goodbye. You aren't needed here... "

If it's me staying home with Mojo he does the same thing to my boyfriend. But he's always right there when I get home (if he's not in hsi crate) happy to welcome me back. ;)

OMG, Gempress, that's precious!!!! Hunter and I have a morning routine (except on weekends, when sleeping IN is what we like!). He knows he's going to get a big ole dog biscuit when I leave for work. He's got it timed perfectly. My alarm goes off at 6:15, we get up, I turn on the TV news in my bedroom, and I let Hunter out to pee (meanwhile, I do too :p ), then I let Hunter back in and he goes directly back to our bed while Mamma showers and gets ready. After showering, I come back to the bedroom to do makeup with TV News on and Hunter snoozing. Then I go back into the bathroom to do my hair. It's so hilarious, as soon as he hears the hairspray, he knows it's time for the BIG POT. I hear his big feet thud to the ground as soon as my hairspray starts Pssssssssssssssing. We sing our little song "Do the BIG POT" to the tune of "Do The Hustle" :rolleyes: I let him back outside where he usually does number 2 knowing I'm leaving for the day. I get dressed while he's doing this. Then he CAN'T WAIT for Mamma to let him back in and leave because he knows he's getting a biscuit!! But the sweetest thing is, is seeing his little forehead and eyes only, resting his chin on the windowsill, watching for me when I come up the drive when coming home from work :(

Cute story!! Adrienne dosent really do anything but when I had my German Sheps they would stand at the living room window and look out and watch me get in my car and leave... then they would reek havic on the house while I was gone.. lol :p

Carolyn

ZooMaster!!
Yeah my two don't do much either. If they feel like it they will say goodbye at the door. Other than that they are both curled up on their beds, and look up as if to say. "Do we have to get up and see you off?" LOL

They are always at the door to greet the homecomers though.

Peanut the Corella knows as soon as you pick up the keys you're going out, or he knows when I say ok guys be good (Becker the cat included), and Peanut yells out SEEYAAAAA SEEEYAAAAAA till the car drives off. We only say seeya Peanut once, otherwise he gets demanding lol.

When we get home all three greet us at the door unless Becker is out in his run, and Peanut says Hellooooooooo How are you? HOW ARE YOUUUUUUU????? LOL its very funny. My home is never damaged whatsoever, maybe their beds are scrunched up but thats about all, or some toys are s trewn over the floor, but thats their toys, nothing they shouldn't have

Dreeza

hahah that is TOOOO cute!!!!!

i wish oakley did that...

he gets this look on his face like "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"?????? And i can see him, when i am locking the door still standing there, hoping like heck that door is gonna open again.

Sometimes he is able to slip outside with us - then tries to get in the car, lol

I made the mistake of taking him in the car to take my bro to school...i think poor oaks was traumatized to see hs master leave him, and go off into some foreign place...he was SO confused!! He wouldnt come curl up on the front seat with me, and was giving me the cold shoulder until we got home :(

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
When I get up in the morning to go to work Teddy drags himself out of his chair so i can take him outside for a pee. When we get back upstairs he goes in and jumps on the bed and goes to sleep. When I come ou t of the bathroom he comes out to the living room with me and he gets up and lays down on the couch while I get my lunch ready and get a kong ready for him when he goes in his crate. Usually when I come out of the kitchen witht he kong he runs to his crate and he will stay there until I am ready to leave and bring his kong into him. I always love coming around the corner of my bedroom and seeing his eyes peering out at me from inside the crate lol

Members online