Urinary Incontinence-Bailey

SpringerLover

Long story short. Bailey leaked for her entire life and had to wear kids pull ups to bed until I decided to put her on Proin. That didn't work. We tried DES and that did. When she started getting regular adjustments, we weaned her off the DES and she's done really well until recently. She's losing muscle and not holding her adjustments as long any more (she'll be 14 in just over a month!) so she's started leaking between adjustments (last one was about 1.5 months ago). My mom is taking her to Florida in January so we're looking at putting her on meds again because she won't be getting regular adjustments down there. We did rule out a UTI.

I've looked at a lot of different meds and supplements but I'm just wondering if anyone has other things for me to look at before I decide what to put her on.

Thanks!

SpringerLover

So, we started DES last Wednesday. She had one dose Weds, Thurs, and Friday. She's still leaking full bladders overnight. She has also gained three pounds since this summer but looks and feels thinner. I am so freaking worried. We're doing xrays tomorrow and whatever else we need to do for diagnostics. She's also very painful and can't squat completely to pee.

Vibes for her please? Poor lemon puppy got the crappiest genetics ever. When I say I'm surprised she's had good quality of life this long, that doesn't mean I want her going anywhere anytime soon!

Did not need this during finals.

:(

You can use Proin and DES together if it comes down to it. Some people report success with soy powders but I've personally never been impressed by the results.

SpringerLover

Nothing glaringly obvious on xray so we re-ran bloodwork (last was done in August). She's hypercalcemic.

I am terrible at waiting. We sent out more tests and should have more information tomorrow. There are a variety of reasons for a dog to be hypercalcemic, but the leading cause (70% or more) is lymphoma apparently.

None of the other options are great either.

Sending vibes! We have a couple of dogs at work who do well with corn silk, but I don't know anything about dosage

Members online

No members online now.