Michigan/Indiana/Illinois/Minnesota(?)/Ohio(?) Christmas Meetup?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
id love to come if it was a day i wasnt working, and if somebody could pick me up en route. yes, i dont have a car. totally useless eh? XD

edited to add: im in dearborn heights, a few miles outside detroit

Well, what does everybody who thinks they could make it work schedule look like?
This coming week, I'm off Tuesday and Friday and am working 9-5 all the other days. But like I said, I can only give one week at a time as my schedule changes EVERY week. :( But if we can plan something out for maybe January, I'd be happy to request a day off work on a weekend if that's more doable.

What kind of location are we looking at? I really want to do a meetup but probably an hour any direction from me is about as good as I can do.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
This coming week, I'm off Tuesday and Friday and am working 9-5 all the other days. But like I said, I can only give one week at a time as my schedule changes EVERY week. :( But if we can plan something out for maybe January, I'd be happy to request a day off work on a weekend if that's more doable.

What kind of location are we looking at? I really want to do a meetup but probably an hour any direction from me is about as good as I can do.
Well what area looks good to you? I don't know Indiana very well so I don't know what type of dog friendly things are down that way.

Well what area looks good to you? I don't know Indiana very well so I don't know what type of dog friendly things are down that way.
Sadly, I'm not really familiar with any dog friendly places in Indianapolis. I know there are all kinds of dog friendly parks. I know a couple of dog parks, if that's something everyone is comfortable with, but I have never been and I don't know anything about them. If everyone thinks that's an ok location to meet, I can look into them and see what needs to be done before attending. But if people cannot make it this way, that's fine too.

meepitsmeagan

Sadly, I'm not really familiar with any dog friendly places in Indianapolis. I know there are all kinds of dog friendly parks. I know a couple of dog parks, if that's something everyone is comfortable with, but I have never been and I don't know anything about them. If everyone thinks that's an ok location to meet, I can look into them and see what needs to be done before attending. But if people cannot make it this way, that's fine too.
I could use a mini road trip. If you would be willing to look into a few of those, then see what would work and we will do our best to get down there! I'd like to meet your crew.

Frost and Dagwell, I don't know if you would be interested (or if we could fit all the dogs together), but if you wanted to meet at like the border or something, we could all carpool if you are concerned about the drive.

Sure thing! We want something off leash, yes? I've looked at a couple dog parks that popped up on Google and they all require proof of vaccines and spay/neuter. Most are a one day pass fee from $5-$9. I'm going to dig around some more.

meepitsmeagan

Sure thing! We want something off leash, yes? I've looked at a couple dog parks that popped up on Google and they all require proof of vaccines and spay/neuter. Most are a one day pass fee from $5-$9. I'm going to dig around some more.
I'm good with either. I've had a lot of hikes with on-leash and I just bring a long line. Harlow isn't the most reliable off leash anyways, so if she comes along she will have to be leashed if it isn't fenced in.

Let me know what you find! I'm excited.

meepitsmeagan

Also! Frostfell and Dag,

If Indiana doesn't work for you, I'd be willing to meetup separately if we can make something work. :)

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Fantastic. I'm less then 10 minutes from you frostfell :)
really? how exciting!

as far as times, my usual days off are mon-tue, except this monday 16-17 because holiday rush, and then boxing day ill likely be off because slow. coming in jan, i dont know my schedule yet. pretty certain sat-sun are never ever workable for me so itd have to be during the week or postholiday

meepitsmeagan

DJEtzel

I'd love to get in on this depending on the day! :)

I have a dog friend in indianapolis that I'd love to meet up with again, anyway! ;)

eta; I was just thinking about carpooling with a few people, Meagan, and then realized I wasn't taking into account the dogs everyone would have. I think your truck would be perfect for that, no? I'd sure be willing to split gas with ya!

Brattina88

I'd love to go, too. It's only a 5 hour drive.... Bailey would love this - and I'd love to meet you guys. But I'm not sure about the inoculations.... Their rabies is always UTD as required by law, but the Parvo and distemper we titer for. And she's had Bordetella once, but I honestly don't plan on getting it done again. I wonder if we could get the application forums filled out before we go? Or if it's too big of a deal I'll just sit this one out. Sounds awesome! :)

I'd love to go, too. It's only a 5 hour drive.... Bailey would love this - and I'd love to meet you guys. But I'm not sure about the inoculations.... Their rabies is always UTD as required by law, but the Parvo and distemper we titer for. And she's had Bordetella once, but I honestly don't plan on getting it done again. I wonder if we could get the application forums filled out before we go? Or if it's too big of a deal I'll just sit this one out. Sounds awesome! :)
We don't have to go to the dog park. My dogs' vaccines aren't up to date either. I think it's been about 2 years now... I was just planning on going to the clinic and asking for the vaccines.

I will be bringing Bayleigh and possibly Penny. The big dogs aren't meetup material.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
If it will be in Indy, I'd be very interested in going as long as it will work in my schedule! My drag my friend along with her dog, too. I'd bring Abrams and Cynder, although Abrams is a chicken pants and tends to be overly sensitive around large strange dogs (aka, cries when they try to play because they are scary, omigod). He's much happier with dogs that ignore him until he's had a chance to get used to them.

DJEtzel

If it will be in Indy, I'd be very interested in going as long as it will work in my schedule! My drag my friend along with her dog, too. I'd bring Abrams and Cynder, although Abrams is a chicken pants and tends to be overly sensitive around large strange dogs (aka, cries when they try to play because they are scary, omigod). He's much happier with dogs that ignore him until he's had a chance to get used to them.
Awh, he would love to meet Fwaddums! I don't know if I'll still have him when/if we do this, but I am definitely going to bring him if so. Frag loves co-existing with dogs that are not all up in his face all the time. He's a gentle giant and he'd be best with Amber's little ones, too.

meepitsmeagan

If we don't want to do the dog park because of vaccinations, I'd be totally okay with finding an area of hiking trails

Danielle- My truck would be perfect but if we had more than 3 people in it, some dogs would probably have to go back in the bed (which has a cap, but still.. it's the bed). I've got no problem with setting a few crates up back there though and if someone wasn't comfortable with that, I'm totally good with putting Rider back there to keep room open up front.

Members online