The Good News thread

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Interview at noon today.
I feel like at any point something terrible is going to happen and the universe will be like "HAHA psyche!! Not gonna happen." Because nothing ever really goes right for me... so this must be some kind of joke...
YAAAAAY

No... don't think like that lol. The power of positive thinking. This is your time :)

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
It's election day... which means this is almost all over.

it also means it's movie day here because I can't stand another political commercial after last night lol so I'm watching NATIONAL LAMPOONS CHRISTMAS VACATION. If that movie doesn't make you happy then... there is something wrong with you (LOL not really but I couldn't think of anything clever to say lol)
We have to leave the radio on at work.. and oh god. It's not even presidential election commercials. It's city council and senators and people who don't even have dirty secrets interesting enough to make a commercial!

"_______ got in trouble for plagiarism at her university!"
" _______ has unpaid parking tickets!"
" _________ does not walk her dog on a leash!"

..seriously guys?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
We have to leave the radio on at work.. and oh god. It's not even presidential election commercials. It's city council and senators and people who don't even have dirty secrets interesting enough to make a commercial!

"_______ got in trouble for plagiarism at her university!"
" _______ has unpaid parking tickets!"
" _________ does not walk her dog on a leash!"

..seriously guys?
LOL Brian and I sat around last night having a good laugh coming up with our own political commercials

"Don't vote for THAT guy... He's satans brother. I know that because I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy"

"and he kicks kittens for fun" lol that one made Brian almost spit his wine :rofl1:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
LOL Brian and I sat around last night having a good laugh coming up with our own political commercials

"Don't vote for THAT guy... He's satans brother. I know that because I heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy"

"and he kicks kittens for fun" lol that one made Brian almost spit his wine :rofl1:
lol somebody should totally start those.

BOB HAS SAID HE DOES NOT LIKE PUPPIES AND ICE CREAM! HE OBVIOUSLY IS UP TO SOMETHING SINISTER!!

Grab

Voting: done. Now must do the yearly dog or kid photo with the I Voted sticker, lol

I'm hoping the child decides to nap this morning. I'm extra sleepy

yoko

We have an add where a guy talks about not selling our water or doing anything irresponsible with our water and them he shoots a barrel of water.

I don't even get the though process in these commercials.

Doberluv

I'm soooooooo glad those political commercials are behind us. And the phone calls! Holy moly! It's a good thing I have caller ID and I turn off my ringer on the land line phone. I only have that phone to absorb all the telemarketers and now, political campaign nonsense. :rolleyes: Some of them would leave a looooooooooooooooooooooooong message. And my phone won't let me delete it until it's finished! So, I set the phone down and dry a few dishes, then delete it. It's ridiculous. Does this stuff really work on people? I guess it must or they wouldn't keep doing it.

That sounded like more of a rant than good news. But it is good news because it's over. I just know that most of what I voted for won't be happening because of the way this state is. (or the west side of the state anyhow....where all the population is.) LOL.

Yoko, that sounds insane! Wow.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
lol somebody should totally start those.

BOB HAS SAID HE DOES NOT LIKE PUPPIES AND ICE CREAM! HE OBVIOUSLY IS UP TO SOMETHING SINISTER!!
I would totally run ads like that if I were ever running for political office.
BOB DOES NOT LIKE PUPPIES.
BEANIE LOVES PUPPIES.
*shot of me surrounded by puppies*

VOTE PUPPIES. VOTE BEANIE.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I would totally run ads like that if I were ever running for political office.
BOB DOES NOT LIKE PUPPIES.
BEANIE LOVES PUPPIES.
*shot of me surrounded by puppies*

VOTE PUPPIES. VOTE BEANIE.
I think you should do it for shits and giggles lol

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I voted!!

And for those who it means anything to (aka: people in MN) I voted NO...TWICE!!!

Also, I love that all of the feeds from my MN friends are about whether they voted no or yes, not anything to do with presidential candidates :lol-sign:

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
No to amending the MN constitution to say that marriage can only be one man one woman.

And no to requiring voter ID at the polls.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
It's really the only reason that I went, I just voted for the Prez cause I was already there. I care more about these issues!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The Iams Dog Breed Selector says that I am a perfect match for a Belgian Malinois, so I am going to see about getting one of those :rofl1::rofl1:

And yes, I'm taking dog breed selector quizzes on my day off. Don't judge.

So far lots of ACDs, BCs, and tons and tons of sporting breeds. :p

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I would probably get elected, LOL. Everybody would vote for the cute girl with puppies...

Interview went well!!
I'd totally vote for you, madam lol
And YAY!

No to amending the MN constitution to say that marriage can only be one man one woman.

And no to requiring voter ID at the polls.
Awesome!

Good news for the day: Er... I'm alive?? LOL That's all I got at this point.

Members online

No members online now.