Looking for a Yorkipoo

wahhutch9

Hi, this is my first time posting here. I've been reading for the last couple weeks and have enjoyed everyone's insights and suggestions!

I'm looking to buy a Yorkipoo for my wife for Christmas. She really loves them. She would like a female that is brown/apricot.

I've been looking the last week or two trying to find one but have had no luck. I've looked on the internet a little, googled, checked our local newspaper, and have found nothing really.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where else to find one or where I may be able to look?

We live in Ohio.. so if nothing is near within driving distance.. I guess we would have to have the puppy shipped.

Thanks in advance.

I have 3 yorkies and they are awesome dogs. You say you live in Ohio, where at in Ohio? I live in Northern Kentucky and when I research on petfinder.com for yorkies needing homes there are a ton that come up in Ohio, and quite a few are mixed with poo's... Currently there is a yorkipoo in Cincinnati 3=4 yrs. old and 8lbs. He is a puppymill survivor and with some grooming he will look georgeous... There is another one in Cincinnati named Jackson that is approximatly 9 months. Please check out www.petfinder.com, type in yorkshire terrier and your zip code and I'm sure there will be plenty for you to put applications in for. Good luck.

T

tessa_s212

If you wish to have a yorkiepoo, it is best to go straight to a rescue organization or www.petfinder.com No reputable breeder will breed yorkipoos. And, as we all know, we should not support unreputable breeders.

Where at in Ohio? I live in Northwestern Ohio. If you search www.petfinder.com you could probably find several just in your area. And if nothing else, you could always rescue a purebred yorkie.

(BTW, yorkipoos can shed... don't fall for the lies and half-truths being told to us by irresponsible breeders breeding this mixed breed)

Ash47

Taco Dog
tessa_s212 said:
If you wish to have a yorkiepoo, it is best to go straight to a rescue organization or www.petfinder.com No reputable breeder will breed yorkipoos. And, as we all know, we should not support unreputable breeders.

Where at in Ohio? I live in Northwestern Ohio. If you search www.petfinder.com you could probably find several just in your area. And if nothing else, you could always rescue a purebred yorkie.

(BTW, yorkipoos can shed... don't fall for the lies and half-truths being told to us by irresponsible breeders breeding this mixed breed)
Very well put tessa. :)

joce

I live in northern ohio and sadly the state is full of mills so it wouldn't be hard to find one. If you keep an eye on this site you may find one. there have been a couple yorkie mixes lately. they get a huge variety of dogs in.
http://www.loraincounty.us/website/index.asp?webpageid={CF3D231A-595B-4347-8ABB-7818EC586F4C}
you may have to copy and paste the link:)

I'd try to wiat till you could find a pup in driving distance vs shipping. So many people get scammed and it is a lot better to see the enviroment they have been brought up in. If they were just in cages like at a pet store they are harder to potty train and can have a ton of other issues. good luck!

Staff online

Members online