Do your dogs....

ACooper

sleep well when someone is missing from the house?

Kevin had to leave for a short business trip to Cincinnati yesterday evening. I told him I wouldn't miss him too much because Orson would fill his side of the bed and keep me warm :p

NOT!

Orson worried himself to death because HE KNEW that Kevin should be home at lights out! That crazy dog didn't even sleep in the bed last night (as he usually does at the foot) he slept downstairs on the couch waiting and watching for Kevin to get in. No amount of coaxing could change his mind.

So I had to sleep all alone :( Silly dog!

Since I'm the only one to go missing I have no idea, lol. But I would assume not, although if I do go somewhere and leave them home alone when I get back they are both sprawled out on the bed with their heads over the pillows, looking out the front window (my bedroom is on the front of the house).

It takes them awhile to get out of bed and come to the door, lol. I think they are telling me something there :D

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Sometimes. Major could care less, though.

Lizzie, it depends for her. Sometimes she's up all night if I'm gone for the night, but other times she doesn't show her worry any and sleeps all night. For other people in my family (mom, dad, brother, sisters) she could care less if they're gone LOL.

Not even the slightest bit affected. Pit will sleep like a rock if anyone in the house leaves, including myself.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I know that Mary missed Justin. They do not sleep alone here for i always take them to grammy's if that is going to happen and they are use to that and have there places. My mom's dogs howl and bawl and always have since i was a child from the minute she leaves until she returns. Sleep be danged...it doesn't stop.

Whisper is a worry wart when I leave. Anyone else leaves, she really could care less. If I leave when she is outdoors offleash, she will chase after the car. We solved this problem by having her indoors when I leave to go anywhere. And she has to be on a tie out, or crate when I leave. And she also barks after the car, as she watches me leave. Poor baby. I feel bad when I leave because of her anxiety of being left with people who really don't pay attention to her. Hershey could care less if anyone leaves. lol

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I don't know, we'll have to see this summer when Matt goes away. He works a summer camp job as a waterfront director, so he'll be gone for up to 10 days at a time. I hope Sierra doesn't get sulky!

Dekka

Just try me..
Mine don't care. When I leave Dekka will look all over for me, but then settles.

ACooper

Glad to know that Orson isn't the only dorkmeister! LOL

And Kevin just got home a few minutes ago, the trip went well and ended sooner than expected! Yeah!

Orson was so relieved and excited to see him I thought he was gonna piddle on the floor while dancing around! ROFL!

Paige

Let it be
Spany? Sleep? HA! That dog doesn't know the meaning of the word but he's always like that. Bandit I'm told paces the entire time. Miley could care less. My cats care too. Spazz gets all grouchy and hisses at everyone and Bella waits at the door for me to get home. She sleeps cuddled up under the blankets with me so that explains that.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Well out it this way. When I left them with my fiance (now ex) whom Jazz and Emma had grown up with, I was gone for a week. I got a call on Day 2 because the couch was eaten.

Nope dont think they missed me at all :rolleyes:

Members online