Portraits in Progess...

Kase

WOW Aus that is amazing, so detailed and delicate. I'm sooooo happy you posted it, I've been waiting to see more of your work. She will be so happy with it, you have so much talent.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sorry! Today is my day at the clay guild so i just got home and it is after midnight. I would get a magnifying glass and see how much of the eye you can really see. I always to this little prayer when i am doing a memorial and ask for the animal to help me through this! IF you have to turn it upside down while you are working on the eye you will go by exactly what is there and not what your mind will try to tell you it looks like. Be very careful as to the eyelid shape. THat is the most important, every little curve and shift will lead you to the correct shape. It looks dynamite! You are doing such a good job especially for your age! (i cant fit my work all on my scanner either:rolleyes: :( ) i have found that if i take my scanned image to adobe photoshop and adjust the lighting i can pull more of the detail out then it is by itself by working with the contrast and light.
I like to use an o3 lead for my tightest detail, an o5 will work too if i chisel it down so i can get a good dark on the edges where i want good clean lines. o3 leads and mechanical pencils are hard to find, but worth every effort. I find they do the best fur and for getting in the tight spots like eyes they are paramount to my success.

L

LabBreeder

I love the dog drawing, it's very detailed and life like.

The only "critique" I would give about the horse is this: I think the top part of the ear could stand to be a little longer and not so much of it on the head. It looks like it's almost the right height, but to low, if ya know what I'm saying. I really, really like the horse. The eye, nose, mouth and bridle especially. :) Very detailed.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ooh how did I miss this? Fantastic work Amy, it looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the horse when it is finished, too.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
:) Those are really great pictures! Great progress on the dog. Love the horse!

Vivien

Wow, It looks amazing!:) Have you finished it yet? If so could we see the finished product please *gets down on knees and beggs*... lol

Members online