Sorry if it's been asked already

Khristine

is there any kind of food that could help make the poop not soo offensive?

I've tried canidae for quite some time now for Oreo, and it seems to work great, i've actually noticed that his poop wasn't soo offensive smelling and it was a little bit more formed stools than soft mush when i used to feed him purina mighty dog..

when i got roxie, her previous owners used to feed her nutro.. her poop is sooo offensive smelling though! and i switched her to canidae, but it's stilll super bad.. i don't know if it has anything to do with anal glands... or diet..

i know that innova is good for dogs with allergies? but does anyone know of good dog food that is healthy and helps with the offensive poopy smell? :p

Mordy

Quigleyfied
better quality food generally helps reduce odor, but to what extent is a very individual thing. have you had the dog checked by a vet to rule out health issues?

one thing you can do to eliminate odor is feeding liquid chlorophyll. it doesn't have a very strong taste, so it's easily disguised.

if her poop still smells bad on canidae, i do not think that the regular innova will make a difference, the formulations are very similar. what you could try is the innova evo, it is grain free and only contains 12% carbs, and it's mostly the waste products of carbs that smell bad.

Khristine

Thanks Mordy!

I want to try Innova EVO .. hopefully that will help. I am going to get her checked up by the vet next week (that's our appointment date) .. so hopefully everything goes swell ..

I really hope its nothing that bad, maybe it's just her diet. but i'll try what was suggested and i'll keep everyone informed. thanks!

Members online