I need vibes for Riff, please

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I'm sorry :( At least it it fixable and the damage will be mostly to your wallet. Still, that really sucks. I'll be thinking of you guys.
I keep telling myself this because it's so true. The money hurts a lot and I'll be further in debt for a while, but I'm lucky enough to have the resources to make it happen. I'm incredibly grateful for that!

He's in surgery now and I'm waiting on pins and needles to get the call that they're done. I'm sure he'll be fine. He got through it like a champ last time. But I'll feel much better to know that he's ok.

When my brother found out the cost, all he said was "He's worth it." I know he is, but it meant so much to me to hear it from someone else. Riff is not the easiest dog, and to hear that he means that much to someone other than myself is something special. :)

Paviche

Duuuuude.
They called literally the same minute that I posted! He is out of surgery and doing well :) It looks like he ate a bunch of stuffing from a toy and that's what caused the blockage. Looks like I'll be de-stuffing all of his toys before he comes home. He's spending the night there and will be home in the morning.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Awww, what a booger. I think Auggie would prefer all his toys stuffing-less, so maybe Riff will too. ;>
I'm glad it's fixed and he'll be home soon!

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I just saw this post--I'm glad he is out if surgery and doing well! Bowel obstruction is very scary-several years ago Jack ate a pair of my underwear whole and had to have surgery. The best advice I can give you in his recovery is baby steps on how much food he gets at first. Jack was throwing up at a half a can of sensitive stomach food at a time-we actually were afraid he was having complications, but it turned out he needed to have only a 1/4-1/3 of a can in a sitting.

I hope your boy continues to improve!

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Oh Riff don't make your momma worry like that!

I am so relieved he's okay! Vibes and great thoughts for a quick and uneventful recovery <3

k9krazee

Glad he's on the road to recovery!

This is like my biggest fear! I'm afraid I won't notice the signs & catch a blockage in time :( He's super lucky to have you.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
He's all doped up, he's sore, and he's wearing a cone, but he's HOME. I picked him up this morning and then we all took a nice, long nap. To celebrate, here's a picture from last week. He fell asleep with his tongue out.

Thank you all for the continued vibes and well wishes :) I've decided that on his 5th birthday I'm going to throw a "You survived this long!" party, haha.

This is like my biggest fear! I'm afraid I won't notice the signs & catch a blockage in time :( He's super lucky to have you.
I'm really lucky because when there's something wrong, seriously wrong, it's very obvious with Riff. The big one is that the dog NEVER whines. Ever. When he cut his foot down to the bone this summer, he didn't whine at all. So when he started whining in conjunction with other weird symptoms, it was like a flashing red light. He also never seems to be truly, completely tired, even after playing fetch until he simply won't go anymore. He will continue to be bouncy and excited, to a lesser degree than normal, but it's still there, so any sort of lethargy from him is also a pretty clear sign.

I worry about catching something like that with Rowan. :( Rowan is lazy and grumbles and whines all the time. But I think when it comes down to it, I know Rowan better than anyone, just like you know Crossbone better than anyone! People who aren't so heavily involved with their dogs might miss the signs, but I think being dog crazy helps us spot when something is off. Not that dog people always catch emergencies or anything... **** happens no matter what. But it helps.

I'm glad everything is ok! We had to just put a moratorium on stuffies except for special occasions because "someone" kept eating parts of them and puking them up weeks later.

Members online

No members online now.