Zeus won't stop licking his stitches

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Their in his lip so its not like a cone could prevent him lol. But 99% of the time the boy is licking his lips like mad. Even between bites while eating! His stitches are still in fine but he is licking the medicine off! I don't know what to do its getting to the point where its frustrating. I got down on my knees earlier and took his face in my hands (gently) and told him "he needed to stop licking his lips its making mummy nervouse" but he just sat there head in my hands wagging his tail licking his lips with this happy look in his eyes like "ok mum i'll try". But he hasent lol. I don't know what to do.

LOL! Poor Zeus. There's probably not a lot you can do, other than trust in the magical healing properties of dog spit . . . You know those stitches have got to be driving him nuts. I'm glad he's not pawing at them and trying to pull them out! What a smart, good dog!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
they hve probably gotten to the itchy part..geez i hate the itchy part of stitches..i hope they come out soon..how many more days?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Yeah I think their probley itchy too. We're going back Wens to have him looked at and possibly get the stitches out.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Poor Zeus! I'm so glad you had a talk with him; I'm sure he knows what you were saying but it's so hard not to lick.

Just had to crack up...

On my computer display, the name for your thread just shows up as "Zeus won't stop licking his"

I'm thinking :eek: Lolol.

Anywho, I hope Zeus heals quickly and puts this behind both he and his Mamma!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what if you put some bitter apple on a q-tip and gently lightly applied to the area around it..but not on it...i am not sure exactly where the sutures are..just trying to think of ideas.

Members online

No members online now.