New Agility Class!

T

tessa_s212

Well, for those that might not already know, I am forced to train in a training club that uses alot of corrections, aversives, and compulsive methods. I, of course, do not use these methods any more, but the classes stilll do not always benefit my dogs and I like I wished they would. Many times the courses are horrible and near impossible because of the extremel small size of the building and the cramped courses. (With a small breed it is hard to manage, with a large breed it is practrically impossible.) Handling is hardly ever focused on in my classes, which is one thing that Marq and I need work on! As well as weaves.. my trainers do NOT believe in using any kind of slanted poles or channels to teach weaves, but instead ONLY jerking the dog around the poles. (They don't even believe in luring.)

There IS a trainer only 35 minutes away, but due to personal conflict between that trainer and my own.. my own trainers have threatened to kick me out of their training club if I attend this other trainer's classes. So, I went on teh search for another.

http://www.fourpawstwofeet.com/

I actually emailed that trainer a year ago today. But her class that I wanted to take was MUCH more expensive, and she's nearly an h our away. I wasn't then, but I am now willing to travel that far for hte quality of classes! I believe this trainer to be EXCELLENT. :D

So... I'm excited!!! There is just ONE spot left in her Thursday class and hoepfully I am going next Thursday to sit in and watch the class before makign a final commitment and paying.

otch1

Is fourpaws the school you're considering? (They're not very well established, but hopefully their instructor is great!) Why would you be kicked out of one school for also attending other classes? Are you an officer of the first club/school? Good luck with the new venture!

T

tessa_s212

Is fourpaws the school you're considering? (They're not very well established, but hopefully their instructor is great!) Why would you be kicked out of one school for also attending other classes? Are you an officer of the first club/school? Good luck with the new venture!
Yes, FourPawsTwoFeet is the training club I"m going to be attending.

I have seen some of the dogs that have trained from here in CGC testiing, and I've always been pleased with their behavior and eagerness to perform.

My trainers, the correctional ones, HATE this other nearby trainer for personal reasons. The regular training club/first one, is only a traiing club, not a kennel club. There are no positions, other than the two head trainers who are man and wife.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh wow! Tessa those look awsome! :D

Which class are you doing? Baisc or Advanced?

Yipeeee! YAY!

otch1

So, these are both just training schools verses clubs/kennel assoc. That's too bad they're so unpleasant about you taking classes with someone else. Have to do what's best for you and Marq though. Again, good luck!

Members online

No members online now.