Miss Boo

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
beautiful and beautifully groomed too! I can't imagine caring for a coat like that.

B

Backward_Cinderella

God she is beautiful!! And I totally agree with Smkie! You must take AWESOME care of that hair!!!

GoingNowhere

Thank you all! Boo's coat is weird... I honestly don't think I'm as good about it as I should be, but I usually brush her quickly a few times a week if I'm good. (10 - 15 minute bursts) And every once in a while, I go through her tail completely with the slicker and if it's seeing really bad, I'll put some cowboy magic in it (which of course succeeds in making all of the wood floors in her favorite spots a dangerous zone to cross for anyone wearing socks).

So no, I don't really spend too much time. Maybe 30-45 minutes during a week give or take. Her tail is by far the worst though. She doesn't have a thick coat along her back and side (about the thickness of a golden retriever in full coat), and the only part that is actually "thick" is her mane, feathering, and tail. And when I brush her, the only parts that are a pain to keep from getting matted are the tail, hind leg feathering, and behind her ears. Everywhere else is pretty much a few brushes with the pin brush or slicker brush and she's good to go. She's only had 2 baths since she's been here. 1 because it was fun and hot and I felt like torturing the dog, and one because she didn't realize that it wasn't in her best interest to cover herself in dung.

And we're not sure what she is... maybe a chow, shepherd, samoyed mix? Not sure... she's a rescue. Though she looks almost exactly like an undercoated Eurasier! :lol-sign: (Of course, her tail only curls over sometimes!)

-GoingNowhere

Members online

No members online now.