Poodles

"Real" poodle hahaha, I love you.

I don't know, but you could probably get a stuffed poodle toy that is brindle. :p

96 GTS

Custom User Title
And this was absolutely a legitimate question. :)

ETA: Someone is claiming to breed brindle poodles, and I just didn't know if that was legit, or it it was like brindle pugs. Brindle poodles would be awesome.

crazedACD

I believe that yes, two registered purebred poodles can produce the occasional brindle poodle. It could certainly be a mutation. It is also possible that another breed snuck into that line at some point back. No one would ever admit to that though..

Kind of like those silver labs...many of them look very obviously Weimeraner and Lab, though they are 'registered' with no trace of it.

No brindle is not a part of the breed, poodles are only accepted in solid colors and they are:

white
black
grey
brown
red
apricot

They are some partis (two colored) and phamtoms (wit tan markings) but they are not allowed to show as is an instant DQ , however in some clubs they can be shown.

Other color like brindle and sables must likely came from a mix wit other breed
http://www.poodleforum.com/5-poodle-talk/2834-sable-brindle-poodles-o.html

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
No brindle is not a part of the breed, poodles are only accepted in solid colors and they are:

white
black
grey
brown
red
apricot

They are some partis (two colored) and phantoms (wit tan markings) but they are not allowed to show as is an instant DQ , however in some clubs they can be shown.

Other color like brindle and sables must likely came from a mix wit other breed
http://www.poodleforum.com/5-poodle-talk/2834-sable-brindle-poodles-o.html
They also come in blue, cafe au lait, cream, silver, and silver beige. Add in a parti gene and you've got those colors in parti version. Though I have never seen a "grey" poodle, they've always either been blue or silver. "shrug". Brindles, sables, parti, and phantoms are poodle colors, they are just not registrable with some clubs. But they are still poodles.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Well if it's not Ryan typing, it's either Laur or Frodo. So either one works! :p
LOL, it was actually SpringerLover :p But she's pretty cool too....I guess :popcorn:

Now I want a brindle poodle!
Or a phantom poodle (always thought they were pretty)
I think my fave color poodle will always be blue though.

They also come in blue, cafe au lait, cream, silver, and silver beige. Add in a parti gene and you've got those colors in parti version. Though I have never seen a "grey" poodle, they've always either been blue or silver. "shrug". Brindles, sables, parti, and phantoms are poodle colors, they are just not registrable with some clubs. But they are still poodles.
Yes, but the dilutes are only allowed to be show at AKC, in FCI they can't be shown, only the ones I described, if I'm not mistaken the grey is the AKC silver.

FCI is also a lot more strict in how defined the colors should look.:)

COLOUR: Solid colour: black, white, brown, grey, orange fawn (apricot) and red fawn.

Brown: Should be deep, rather dark, uniform and warm. Beige and its paler derivatives are not admitted.

Grey: Must be uniform, deep, neither blackish nor whitish.

Orange fawn: Must be uniform without tending to pale fawn, cream or red fawn.

Red fawn: Must be uniform over the entire body. It must never tend to orange fawn.

Eyelids, nose, lips, gums, palate, natural orifices, scrotum and pads are well pigmented.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yes, but the dilutes are only allowed to be show at AKC, in FCI they can't be shown, only the ones I described, if I'm not mistaken the grey is the AKC silver.

FCI is also a lot more strict in how defined the colors should look.:)
The question wasn't what poodles are show quality... The question was if they come in certain colour/patterns.

Pet or show quality does not decide if a dog is purebred.

The question wasn't what poodles are show quality... The question was if they come in certain colour/patterns.

Pet or show quality does not decide if a dog is purebred.
I already said the colors in my first post in this tread, the second post was a reply for MericoX question on the grey.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I already said the colors in my first post in this tread, the second post was a reply for MericoX question on the grey.
I am aware, but you dismissed the colors Mer added, that poodles DO come in, because you can't show them in one venue. When whether you can show them or not is completely irrelevant, since the colors do exist

I am aware, but you dismissed the colors Mer added, that poodles DO come in, because you can't show them in one venue. When whether you can show them or not is completely irrelevant, since the colors do exist
Yeah, but according to FCI for example a cafe o lait is a brown but dilute, just not showable.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Yes, but AKC has grey and silver listed separately. I have no clue what FCI has as allowable colors, I was just listed ones they come in.

Yes, but AKC has grey and silver listed separately. I have no clue what FCI has as allowable colors, I was just listed ones they come in.
I didn't knew that, all those different names, is confusing for the both sides , they should have an agreement.

To add more to the confusion the CKC and UKC has some different descriptions as well, one of this accepts parties as showables I forget wish one.

It would be a good thing if AKC and FCI could accept parties and phantoms for show, and make something categories like cockers have.

Members online