I swear this dog will be the death of me...

Saeleofu

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE ANGEL DOG?!

Well, Gavroche had earned "loose" privileges a while back when he decided he can be a good boy and behave while I'm gone. So Logan's been crated and Gavroche has been loose for the most part.

Well, today while I was HOME, I was just DOWNSTAIRS, he's upstairs loose in my room...presumably being innocent :rolleyes:

I get upstairs to let him and Logan out to join us downstairs, and I find PILL BOTTLES EVERYWHERE! :yikes:

Of course I'm freaking out, because there are definitely things in the pill bucket that he shouldn't have. That's why it's generally out of his reach, but Sir Pissy Face decided he's a big boy and can reach it after all.

Fortunately, he chose the supplements that are good for him. He's apparently smarter than I give him credit for lol. He ate half a bottle of fish oil, half a bottle of evening primrose oil, and possibly some Vitamin B complex pills (there were no more than 10 left in the bottle and I found at least 5 laying around squished, possibly more...apparently they taste like ****). Oh, and half a bottle of phytosterols. Guess he decided he needed something to go with those oils. Luckily the zinc bottle wasn't even touched, neither was my metformin or my "energy" vitamins (which contain caffeine). I got seriously lucky here. The turmeric was opened, but none were missing (don't blame him, they're stanky lol).

*braces for diarrhea onslaught*

This could have turned out SO MUCH WORSE than it did. He's got an iron stomach so I think after a couple days of the runs he'll be fine. I think tomorrow I'm going to invest in a metal lockbox or safe for pills. I thought the top shelf was good enough, but apparently not. Plus Gavroche will have to be crated again for a little while at least. No idea where I'm going to put a second crate, but I'll figure it out.

Saeleofu

Apparently we're even luckier than I thought. He didn't even get diarrhea. He just reeks of fish.

Brattina88

If its any consolation, Maddie's going to be 9 and I still have to sometimes restrict her or even crate her when the mood strikes her to act up :rolleyes: Her favorite thing is garbage, though :eek:
Some things just never change :rofl1:

Saeleofu

Well, Gavroche use to get into garbage..but ONLY when I was gone. Which is what got him into the crate in the first place. I solved that problem with a covered trash can. But then he finds something else to do :rolleyes: And yes I threatened to not give him his thyroid pills..he's feeling TOO good now :rofl1:

Saeleofu

You know as far as not getting diarrhea...I did feed him a gruel of oatmeal, rice flour, and about 5 fiber capsules (and maybe 5 kibble just so he'd eat it), so that may have helped ;)

Whoa! They are pretty good at getting into things you'd never think of!

Glad this wasn't serious!!!!!

Saeleofu

I think the muscle loss is more from not wanting to do *anything* while he was hypothyroid. I mean seriously all he'd do all day is sit under a blanket on the couch. If we went for a walk he'd lag and not really want to go. His activity level is soooooooo much better now. But, it is something to keep in the back of my mind.

Members online

No members online now.