Collie size

The biggest Collie I have ever seen was at my vet's today. I mean he looked like a mastiff dressed like a Collie, he was big enough little kids could ride him:cool:. I'm pretty sure he was a pure bred, it's just his size was a little shocking and he was also very wide, so he was probably just over weight.

[/URL][/IMG] Same color.

+

About the size he was.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
The standard for a male is 60-75 lbs, with 80-85 lbs not being all that uncommon, although in this area the trend seems to be towards the lower end of the standard.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
The male collie i had yesterday was the same weight/size as Kenya, he was about 50 pounds. beautiful doggy <3 i thought he was a girl at first tho, he was very lanky and dainty and pretty

that is one BIG COLLIE!! lol he mustve been so huggable! "so kids.. you guys wanted a pony and a puppy.. we got you both all in one package!" lol

My four all range in size.

Riley is the largest at 84 pounds (just weighed him today, and he somehow he put on two). He is very tall and long though. He is almost the same weight of my St. Bernard who passed away in 2006. She was very small for a saint, but it did help her live to be 13.

Dawson was 67 pounds last weigh in(a month or so ago). He is very well defined, and very muscular.

Aspen is 63 pounds.

Angel is 40 pounds. She is super petite. People can't believe she is littermate to Dawson.

Dawson, Aspen, and Angel are all related. Poor Angel is the only one who ended up teeny!

Mal is 62 pounds and could probably weigh 70 once he really fills out with a lot of muscle. Kaylee is 48 and should be 52 or so; Rittie is 55 and perfect.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I guess I didn't mention my own dogs:

Malcolm (male) 70 lbs thin and muscular. When he was younger and was being shown, he'd get to about 75 lbs.

Smidgen and Dora, both girls, are 50-53 lbs.

Then there's Douglas, my mom's boy, who is 85 lbs at a normal weight, while all the other males in his litter were lucky to break 65 lbs and the girls were barely 50! (He took after a great great grandfather that no one else did. Talk about a 'throw back'!)

Members online

No members online now.