Happy day for rescue!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The boarding kennel aka "five-star pet hotel" that I work at also works pretty closely with a few rescues, namely the local Airdale Rescue. We've had two dogs, Lucy and Toby with us for about three months or so, I'm not sure how long they were with rescue before we started to foster them, and there was another one, Happy, that came in a few weeks ago. Well, as of today I am happy to report that all of them have been placed in adoption homes! I am very pleased and slightly surprised, to tell the truth. Lucy and Toby had some mental issues, both psychological and physical, and Happy was just plain nuts. But, it looks like all three have homes!

I'm the happiest for Lucy. Her previous home had kept her tied in the backyard after they found out she was cat-aggressive, and then kicked her in the head after she managed to get ahold of the cats anyway. She ate the cats and the owner reported that after he kicked her, his ankle hurt because it was that hard of a kick. Not a good guy in my book; it probably wasn't the first time she had been hit. She's also ridiculously dog aggressive--in short, not the easiest dog in the world to place. But even Lucy is getting a second chance. I hope her new owners do well by her and have a saint's worth of patience!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i really hope that thier lives work out now. I have not had the opportunity to work with airdales so i don't know what they are like at all. I hope blessings rain down on the heads of those that give a second chance, poor Lucy, her first time round sounded positively dismal. I can't imagine a worse life for a dog then to be chained.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Well, to start with, Airdales are terriers. Really big terriers. So all those quirks that people complain about/adore in the smaller versions are amplified in Airdales. I know the people who have them love them, but it's never a breed I personally would own. They seem to get cranky really easily as well.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you need to do a thread on where you found Sawyer..i would like to know!

Members online