What are the top 5 brands??

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I was just curious at to what you guys thing the top 5 dog food brands r, and why? and this is your opinion, so if you think one food is better then another, but someone else thinks differently don't fight over it...(I've had this experiance with 'other' dog forums that I will not name..)

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Innova
Innova Evo
Canidae
Fromm
Solid Gold
Natural Balance

I believe these are all good foods by the ingredients go. (They aren't in order though)

weylyn

Timberwolf Organics, Merrick, Nature's Variety, Canidae are my personal top four. :)

I haven't been nearly as impressed with anyone's products as I have NaturaPet's. The EVO formula is the one that seems to be best for my Creatures, but their Innova, Karma and California Natural lines all seem excellent. Nothing else I looked at was even in the running for my dogs and their needs.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
There is no such thing as a "top brand" of food, since every dog has individual needs that must be met to keep him or her healthy.

Even the food made from the best ingredients money can buy isn't worth anything if it doesn't work for an individual dog.

good_dog

It is true that every dog differs in his response to foods. That being said, I've had consistantly good results with (in order) Nature's Variety (particularly their raw foods), Natural Balance, Merrick, and Nutro Natural Choice. I also like Canidae and Royal Canin, but neither is easy to find in this area.

Beth

Saje

Island dweller
I don't think Nutro and Royal Canin are at the same level as the other ones you listed.

pup-man

Permanent Troll
bubbatd said:
Does Solid Gold have a good product for older dogs and weight loss ??
The only formula I recall them having for seniors is their HOLISTIQUE BLEND (FISH). When that time comes for me, I like Canidae's Platinum Senior formula :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I don't recommend any low-protein food for senior dogs. Their metabolism is slower and they can have difficulties maintaining body tissue, so I'd definitely rather go for something higher in protein and lower in fat, not full of worthless carbs.

Innova has a really nice large breed senior food that fits these requirements, and the Eagle Pack Senior Care isn't bad either.

As for the difference between Innova & Innova EVO - Innova is a "traditional" kibble, while Innova Evo is grain-free and low carb. :)

Members online

No members online now.