Busted lip...

Barb04

Super Moderator
Hope you heal fast! I just got scratched across my chest today by Max, but it was my fault. He was on his back requesting a tummy rub of course! I decided to rub his belly but then found out he is tickles behind his rear legs. I started laughing and Max started flinging his back legs all over the place and that's when it happened. Max was so happy and would have laughed if he could

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
Lets see, Beulah has pushed me off the couch onto the floor. When I lay on the couch, she will come lay beside me, then she will stretch her legs out and push me off. She will also sneak up behind me when I'm sitting on the couch, and put her front legs on my back, and wrap her paws around my neck. At first you think awwww, she's giving you a hug, but then she pulls back, you fall back on the couch and she starts jump ing around, so you have to bury your head in the couch so her claws don't get your face. She only does this when she gets REALLY excited. I've got several scratch marks from rough housing with her...She is one strong dog....

Many years ago I was thrilled when I finally had convinced my husband that a Great Dane would fit in perfectly with our lifestyle. He said yes, provided I was able to find a rescue (secretly thinking there was no way in the world I would be successful :rolleyes: ). 1 phone call later to the local animal shelter & voila - they had just picked one up that AM as a stray and he would be available for adoption in 3 days provided his owners didn't claim him. On day 3 we were at the door waiting for it to open so we would be 1st in line and we brought Samson home with us that day. He was approx. 1 yr old, definitely a purebred. Very sweet & lovable as well as very big. That afternoon my husband was sitting on the floor with his back propped up against the recliner with Samson kind of laying across his lap. For some reason all of a sudden Samson's head popped up and caught my husband square under the chin. :eek: It resulted in 1 of his front teeth getting a very noticable chip in it and the other front tooth becoming very loose. The smack was so loud I heard it from the next room. Now you have to understand my husband was a dental tech in the service and kind of obsessive when it came to caring for his teeth. My dream dog was the cause for my husband ultimately losing his 2 front teeth & having to get a partial plate. Luckily he was a dog lover and never blamed Samson - of course, I was the one who got blamed because I was the one who wanted a Great Dane. :rolleyes:

Members online