new addition to the family

luvmydogs

yeay i finally got my white faced Albino Cockatiel today, hes still alittle shy, but he was already on my finger and shoulder :>

gapeach

Big Mutts
Very pretty, we had parakeets growing up, but I'm not much of a bird person. Yours is cute though. :) Are his eyes really orange, I figure that is just the flash?

luvmydogs

red eyes. from a breeder. i was never a bird person eithe,r but my husband wanted a parrot, so we decided we start out slow. there was a cockatoo there , he was talking and just adorable but he made a lt of noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id like to get one in the near future though

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Cockatoos are alot more trouble and need constant companionship if your wanting one also. Also they can inflict worse bites on you i know a man who has his nose peirced thanks to his cockatoo.

Anyways your cockatiel is beautiful! Your first two weeks are going to be the toughest and i would'nt handle him too much. Cockatiels gets really sharp claws to I would reccomend you get a sand perch or swing so while your bird is on it he files down his nails. You'll find maulting and equivelent of a women with pms lol when he goes through it. They are sore and blah blah blah and just don't like to be touched or messed with even the nicest Tiel will be a demon with wings through this time its messy as well considering they are shedding and regrowing their feathers. Also if you don't want your boy to fly for many reasons after maulting is the best time to have them clipped.

Trust me I went through the decision to stop clipping Scooters alittle too late and he had no idea how to land or dodge things. So i clipped his wings short enough that he could only fly barely even a foot above the ground. so he had plenty of practice. he can no fly anywhere in the house he wants to and get out of harms way safely. Just some food for thought!.

Hey! Whats your little guys name?

luvmydogs

love4pits, hs name is TUKI, and i couldnt resist, i had to take him out last nite and today....he didnt wanna leave my shoulder and finger. he even gives kisses. hes 12 weeks old now, the breeder spent some extra time with him for me, because i couldnt get to her till last nite, due to my hubby working late.hes very tame, and even my kids can hold him. hes so cuuuuuuuuuuuuute.and yes he is a whitefaced lutino, people sometimes call it albino i guess.thats what i thought it was at first.

nedim

Beautiful Bird. I'm thinking of buying a parrot and training him/her to talk.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Not sure why its just what every book i have ever read has said. Their just more out going. Females are more keene to whistle and sing (males do this too) and just not much of talkers though some can be taught to with lots of work.

Members online

No members online now.