For the first time ever, Cali has found a playmate her size.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Maybe it's something silly to be so excited over, but for the first time since we've had Cali.. she's met her "perfect" playmate, my aunt's shih-tzu mix puppy who is almost ten months old now. I'm hoping she won't grow much more (I'm assuming not) but her and Cali are basically the same size, except Daisy is a bit longer and Cali is a tiny bit taller. They also have the same play style, ie: chase, slide across the carpet, loads of barking, play nipping, etc. Cali has been out like a light ever since we got home, which never usually happens. It was nice to actually see her playing with another dog and having fun, since Moses prefers to not acknowledge her and she dislikes the obnoxious small dogs that we seem to have an abundance of around here.

All I can say is that I'm happy she finally has someone who she can play with without me worrying about her getting squished. We had been at my uncle's earlier, and he has a three year old giant schnauzer who is insane but well-trained. She had been out all morning, and playing with my cousin's boxer yet she was still dying to play with Cali. We let Cali on the ground for a few moments on her leash and although Missy was being gentle.. they started getting excited and both of them started bouncing around, so that was the end of that. :p

Members online

No members online now.