Photogenic Equines

mrose_s

BusterLove
Horses amaze me - they are these huge, majestic, floating balls of muscle.

So you wander out into the paddock, camera in hand. Planning to capture these incredible animals in all their glory and you get a bunch of photos like this.

1 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

That is Oso, he belongs to my Mum's friend and is currently living at ours while his owner is out of town and has the extraordinary ability to look like a complete donkey half the time but moves like some champion dressage horse.

Some more photogenic photos of him.

7 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

5 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

"What is that rat doing in my water bowl?"

6 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

mrose_s

BusterLove
Tessa, Oso's mother, also staying at our place. I'm learning to ride on her. She's a lovely horse

4 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

Asi, staying at ours aswell. Tessa's daughter, Oso's half sister.

8 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

And our two mares. Both unable to pick their head up off the ground for a photo.

Lucy - 34 years old and still going strong.

3 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

Malibu - fatty boom bah. I thought Mum was crazy when she wanted to get back into riding when she came home with a 7 year old green horse that nipped and spooked. But I've had to take it back, she's an incredible horse for her age, so much sense and so much potential.
with the help of Mum's friend (the other horses owner) she's gained a lot of confidence back and now has a super affectionate, somewhat bombproof young horse that she can do anything with.

2 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

Another unphotogenic photo of her looking bitchy because it's dinnertime and she hasn't got any yet.

9 by Buster-Quinn, on Flickr

Made me think, anyone else got any totally awful photos of their horses they want to share? They amaze me how hard it is to capture a flattering photo of them sometimes.

you mean like this?

Tell your mom I like her yellow horse. I like palominos when they are not having blond moments.

Oh, and Comet says that is you want to look like a donkey, the trick is to not put your ears up because it take too much effort

Members online

No members online now.