Break Through!

First off I am new, sort of. I show in 4H and have 3 dogs, 2 GSDs and a doxie. 4H is just around the bend and so I figured I should meet some doggy people.

Anyway, my family recently got a new GSD puppy, Duke. He was (and still its) a pain but we love him. I am going to show him this year in 4H, giving my other GSD a bit less work to do, and so have been working with him a good deal.

Today was a great day, he is begining to understand the command-action-treat deal. He even seems to have "come" and "sit" down pat. We are now working on "down" and "stay" and he seems to have picked them up rather quickly.

Having gotten instruction in showmanship with my other GSD, Baron, I decided to try some of the new things I learned with Duke. He, of course, understood that to get the treat he has to keep his leg out.

Its looking more and more like my Baron will get to retire from the stressful main show and be my rally and agility dog, and I may not have to wait a year to try my hand at brace obedence.

Just had to rant about my pup's break through and it seems like people here will have a better understanding as to why I'm happy my puppy can sit on command.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Great job! I'ts always so gratifying when they first learn something. And by the way....did I mention we're suckers for pictures? *hint*

Members online