So I made a dog food thing...

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Several months ago, I was putting together a list of foods that Brisbane can eat with his chicken/turkey/duck/egg allergies and decided to put it in spreadsheet form. After collecting a small data set, I went "what the hell" and started collecting all the data on all the foods.

Several months later I have ~700 foods in the database and a really rough food selector tool coded by my fabulous husband. It is very, very beta right now, but we've been arguing about some of the options and functionality so I thought I'd start collecting opinions. Please excuse the typos and periodic shuffling and reorganization.

www.dogfoodwizard.com is now up and running, let me know what you think!

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This is amazing. Though it wasn't getting rid of some of the carbs I deselected, I like the simplicity. I LOVE the fact that you list Kcals!!!!

My sister is on a quest to get her Dane to lose weight, and I've been having a hell of a time trying to find a food for her to feed him that's low in calories, and she's been trying to up his exercise, but she's in college as a nurse, and he just wants to lay around all day :p

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
For Briz I replace about half his food with canned no-salt green beans or frozen veggies and he's happy.

The selection of foods on there is pretty limited right now, I was going to start with grain-free foods. What's on there now is every kibble from every brand listed by Dog Food Advisor as carrying at least one grain-free food...up through the T's. I'm still adding brands V-Z, then I will either add all the canned/frozen/dehydrated/freeze-dried varieties carried by those brands, or move in to kibbles by brands that don't have any grain-free selections.

Equinox

This is kind of incredible. I remember having wondered if there was a website like this before, when talking to friends who own dogs with allergies. I am NOT dog food/nutrition smart at all so this is perfect. Bookmarking - thanks!! Awesome project.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Awesome concept!

I'm having trouble getting it to toggle between the simple search and advanced. I think it's not allowing me to use the advanced option. I'm on a Mac using Firefox, so perhaps it's a browser issue?

Members online

No members online now.