Low Cal decent/good food?

JacksonsMom

Update: The Wellness and the Fromms both ended up not working too well. Just palatability issues mainly. Which is weird because they're both food hounds.

I opened the bag of Annamaet Lean a few days ago and they both devoured their kibble like I haven't seen them do in FOREVER. Maybe this will work.
Wow, that's awesome. All 3 of our dogs HATED the Annamaet lean. I was disappointed considering I bought a 15lb bag. We basically forced them to eat half of it, but the rest ended up getting trashed.

It's a great brand and a great food. Hopefully it works well. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah I'm forcing them to finish the Fromm. We mixed part of it with the Wellness which they ate OK but not great. Now they're eating the annamaet and picking out/spitting out the Fromm. I may just have to chunk the rest of this bag. :rolleyes:

I wish I didn't have to order the annamaet online but... We'll see how they do on it.

Now Senior isn't too bad. I believe it's only 24% protein, which is a little lower than I like, but the quality is nice and the fat % and kcals should be low.

Saeleofu

I think 4Health has a reduced calorie food, though I can't guarantee it.

ETA: And I just now realized this thread is 6 weeks old and 3 pages long lol. Hope the new food works for the girls! :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
New ideas are good though! We're still playing around with things. Right now I'm trying to decide if Mia's bout of illness is related to this new bag of food or not...

So we may need another option.

Barb04

Super Moderator
If they don't eat the one brand of food, try contacting the manufacturer. So far when I've tried different brands and the dogs don't like it, I've called or emailed the company and they've sent me a refund. It's worth a try.

Members online

No members online now.