Random Fable + Millie

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
So, I wasn't going to post pics of skinny Fable because of the crap that was pulled on another member about her skinny but well loved and taken care of dog. But I decided, screw it, I'm going to post pictures of my puppy and the people who matter know I'm doing everything I can to put some meat on Fable's bones and build up her muscle.

So without further ado. . .

Oh hai!

Who knew my funny looking squishy puppy would be so purdy?

This face is how she gets me to do her bidding.

Snarkface.

Say what?

I admit, I really wanted her ears to stay up, but I also love them the way they are. And I take back my previous comment. She may not be roly poly anymore but she is still kind of funny looking. xD

And her ears do cute things when she runs.

Millie! The only half decent picture I got of her today. (In all the others she had her eyes closed.) She's happy, but greyer than ever. :(

*a few more*

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye

This photo is a fail, but I like it for some reason.

Desert puppy.

Done.

SaraB

Awww, she's so cute!!

Don't let what other people think stop you from sharing pictures that you enjoy! There's a huge difference between a puppy going through a growth spurt/skinny phase than a puppy that has been neglected. Anyone that knows anything about dogs understands that puppies will be skinny at times, if they don't, their opinions arn't worth the bother.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Awww, she's so cute!!

Don't let what other people think stop you from sharing pictures that you enjoy! There's a huge difference between a puppy going through a growth spurt/skinny phase than a puppy that has been neglected. Anyone that knows anything about dogs understands that puppies will be skinny at times, if they don't, their opinions arn't worth the bother.
^ All of this!

She's just gangly, part of growing up. I don't see ribs or other bones, just a leggy skinny normal puppy. She's growing up freaking CUTE.

And Millie is just so dignified. She's so pretty.

Toller_08

She is adorable and looks so different than I was expecting! Very pretty girl.

Ripley was terribly skinny for a while around a year old to the point that I was a little afraid to post pictures, but people were very understanding. He just wouldn't eat (distracted/hormones) and what he did eat went right through him.

I agree completely with this as well. Great post!

Saeleofu

When I was a kid I had a dog that looked JUST like her <3

Logan was awfully skinny when he was a bit over a year old. Even now he tends towards the lean side. But it's what adolescents do. Better than a big obese pup on growing bones.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thanks so much for the comments! I was just afraid that her being skinny would be used against me like it was to that other person, comparing her hard keeper to an actually neglected pup. (And through her weight I've met some idiots, like the vet tech who told me *not* to exercise her so she wouldn't burn any calories. :eek:)
But then I decided oh, well. The people who know me will know I am not starving my puppy. :rolleyes: She eats like a manbearpig.

She grew up differently than I thought she would, too, Devan. I don't see any particular breed besides GSD especially in her face/muzzle, but she's so small, and having floppy ears doesn't help, either.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Ahhh Fable!! You really should post more pics of her! Holly got super skinny at one point too, and people were idiots about it. It happens! You know she's well taken care of. :)

Millie is so beautiful <3

Brattina88

I get flak in RL about Maddie's weight :eek:

Fable is beautiful - she looks really good. I love her nose :D
And I miss seeing Millie's sweet face! :)

TahlzK

She is so cute!!

I don't understand how she's skinny, she looks like she's at a good weight but them again, there's no real side shots.

Equinox

It is great seeing Fable, and Millie, too. Fable is such a cutie, and growing up already! I absolutely adore her, I'll always want Fable pictures.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Thanks, guys! :D

Tahlz, she is pretty skinny. It doesn't show as much in the photos though.

Grace, be careful what you wish for! xD Do you think she's mixed with something? I can only point out what would be unusual for a GSD, and that would be her floppy ears and tininess. :p I don't see any breed particulars besides GSD, but she confuses me. She's only about Millie's height, and Millie is 18.5". SMH.

Equinox

Grace, be careful what you wish for! xD Do you think she's mixed with something? I can only point out what would be unusual for a GSD, and that would be her floppy ears and tininess. :p I don't see any breed particulars besides GSD, but she confuses me. She's only about Millie's height, and Millie is 18.5". SMH.
I adore Fable, I always notice when you're absent for a long-ish stretch of time because I feel deprived of Fable updates and pictures :p

I really can't say as to whether or not she's mixed - it is such a common breed that there is a huge variety when it comes to structure/build and general type. I would not be surprised at all if she is mixed and would lean towards that guess, BUT, that being said, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if she is a purebred, either. I've seen purebred GSDs with her markings, and those with her structure. It's not too telling to assess her now at this stage, she's at that wonky stage where all German Shepherd puppies look a little funky (although she's rocking it!).

Looking at her profile and headshot, I don't see anything distinctly other than GSD, but something about her overall shape? Hm... not sure, really!! It'd be easier to tell if there were pictures showing her full body from the side
and pictures taken from her height/angle.

Plus, I'm pretty distracted by how ridiculously cute and pretty she is xD

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
LOL, that's what I sound like when I try to think my way through it. "One on hand. . .well, actually. . .I knew a GSD who. . .but sometimes. . .from this angle. . .but from this angle. . .and her face. . .but then again there was. . ." :rofl1:
Either way, in regards to temperament, she's "shepherd enough" to satisfy me if that makes any sense at all. :p
She was such a smooshy, squashy puppy the fact that she's turned out all fine boned and feminine makes my head spin!

Members online

No members online now.