Brady is getting groomed today

bogolove

I dropped him off at 7:30 a.m. this morning and I will pick him up when I get off work today. I hate doing that to him though because I could tell he was all freaked out that I was leaving him, but he really needs his hair to be clipped so he won't be so hot. I am sure he will look handsome, I am such a baby, I thought I was going to cry when I dropped him off. But they were very nice.

I have been thinking maybe I should learn how to groom, I would probably love that way more than sitting here typing all day long....

I'll bet there are groomers there who would be glad to help you get started - tell you where you could train, etc. If I were in your area, I'd start seeking out grooming salons that did a lot of work for people in the music business . . . you know they're going to be high-end and are going to have to, for the most part, do good work to be able to keep their clients happy. And charge accordingly . . .

I've been playing with the idea of putting in a couple of do-it-yourself dog wash stations in the back of the warehouse space at the store . . . maybe later forming a pet food co-op . . .

Barb04

Super Moderator
Renee, I just saw a business card advertising a place where you can bring your dog to wash yourself, like going to a self-serve carwash. Sounds like a great idea!

Oh Bogolove, please let me know who Brady is doing and how handsome he looks with his new wash, cut & blowdry!

bogolove

I will take pics of him this evening when we get home. I told them to leave his tail a little bushy. Hubby wants it to be cut shorter, but I am a big fan of his bushy tail. I told them to cut like 2 inches of it off but that is it. I hope they don't cut more than that!

poeluvr

snipsnip here cutcut there and add a bit of straw thats how we wash and groom in the merry ol' land of oz.....
sry couldnt resist

Ash47

Taco Dog
Barb, it's very easy to break into grooming. You can take an internet correspondence course, which is what I did. It teaches you the basics and then you can go and work your way up at a vet or a grooming salon. Right now, I am training with a professional groomer as she is just "fine-tuning" my skills. I have one or two more training days left and then I will get my own days to groom. Grooming can pull in a LOT of money. You do everything at your own pace. If you can groom 10 dogs a day, you could make around 200-300 beans a day. Even with just 5 dogs, 150 beans a day. That's saying that you charge only 30 beans for each dog. LOL I know the term "beans" sounds funny, but on a groomer's forum I am a member of, that is the term we use. If you or anyone else want any info, just PM me, and I can point you in the right direction! :)

Members online

No members online now.