Midwest Meet - Chicago area: Saturday, August 24th

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I would rather be hot than cold personally LOL.

But that's why I live in Central Illinois and not, you know, MinneSNOWta. :p

So I'm considering maybe getting a Red Roof room and then I can hit IKEA before I leave the next day. If we need to book 10 rooms or more we can get a group rate...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
LOL Crossbone's love of Snipe will prob figure into my decision. Maybe I'll bring Z and Snipe....

If I can make it, I'd seriously consider staying at the RRI.

.... What?!

Where in Minnesota??

ALL THE CHAZZERS SHOULD MOVE TO MINNESOTA!!!
Agreed! :D

Oh, true story bro.
The Red Roof Inn we stayed in was super nice. I'm thinking that might be better than sweatytown.
I vote hotel. I wouldn't mind camping but (1) I have zero camping supplies and (2) I have zero knowledge of how to camp/tent/etc. :lol-sign: So hotel-ing might be best - and I would gladly split/share a hotel room with someone to keep costs down.

Airn

How long are most people staying? It's quite a drive for us (10 hours) so we were planning on staying a couple days. So what are your plans?

Well I typically have Fridays off, although our summer schedule is not completely done yet. So I would ideally drive down on Friday and probably head back on Saturday night. Maybe Sunday. I don't know.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Depends. If I fly into Chicago rather than carpool with somebody, I'll come down Friday night and come back Monday or Tuesday, preferably. If I carpool with someone, it all depends what they want to do :p if I go with brattina, we'll be driving down Saturday and probably leaving Sunday, maybe Monday? Not sure.

Ok, so just to get an idea these are the people that seem to be heavily considering coming, am I right?

Lindsey
Sara
PW
Moth
Beanie
Blackrose
k9krazee
Bubba Love
Megan
Megan
Meagan
Brattina
JessLough
Stardogs
Sass
Airn

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'll know for sure if I'll be coming here in a few weeks. I really want to come, but need to make sure everything is in order with Future Puppy and that Mike will be around, too. But if both of those are an affirmative...then I'll be coming! Just don't want to commit too soon without other things being in place.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
If I can make it up, I'll either arrive Friday, stay over Friday night, and leave Saturday afternoon or arrive Saturday, stay over Saturday night, and leave Sunday, depending on how we time everything. :)

Aye, strongly considering. Not 100% for sure yet, I have to see how a few other things are going to shake out around here but I will know by the end of June at the absolute latest.

k9krazee

I'm a definite!

We'll probably stay downtown Chicago Friday night, come over on Saturday, spend Saturday night at the campground and go home sometime Sunday. Or some variation of that. Camp both nights? Camp in Michigan Fri night?

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
If I can make it up, I'll either arrive Friday, stay over Friday night, and leave Saturday afternoon or arrive Saturday, stay over Saturday night, and leave Sunday, depending on how we time everything. :)
Same, but for me it all depends on agility trial entry success/failure.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Ok, so just to get an idea these are the people that seem to be heavily considering coming, am I right?

Lindsey
Sara
PW
Moth
Beanie
Blackrose
k9krazee
Bubba Love
Megan
Megan
Meagan
Brattina
JessLough
Stardogs
Sass
Airn
Yes for us... I will send you filled out paper work, the copies of the curly tails's rabies certificates and the means to pay for it as we get a little closer to the date.

As of this moment I am pretty sure we are going to be there.

kaykay21

herder brain & drool face
I would go if it was closer this way. Just cant do a trip in state I've never been to(would definitely get lost) lol

Brattina88

Depends. If I fly into Chicago rather than carpool with somebody, I'll come down Friday night and come back Monday or Tuesday, preferably. If I carpool with someone, it all depends what they want to do :p if I go with brattina, we'll be driving down Saturday and probably leaving Sunday, maybe Monday? Not sure.
I could leave Friday after work... I'll be tired, but hey who cares :rofl1: I never sleep anyway, right? :eek:
And as long as I have enough notice for work, I can take off a couple days that following week no problem. So we could totally leave Monday or whenever (if that's what you want to do) :p

I'll probably bring psycho-dog (aka Bailey) unless Jess talks me out of it :rofl1: ... so as soon as we make a decision I'll PM you Linds to get a pass. Do you need to know by a certain date?

I want to meet the Kooligans! plus I'm dying to see how Bailey will act with them... and who wins the barking contest :p lol

Last edited:

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
95% sure I will be there with Rider Man Jones. He gets his rabies updated next week so I will touch base with you, Linds, after that.

Members online

No members online now.