Dog dumps infront of my bedroom door...

Funran

My dog goes to the bathroom pee and poop, infront of my door when i "lock " her out. Sometimes she gets to crazy and I might have a guest over so i just let her out of my room then she does it. She doesnt always do it but its been happening alot... I've heard of dogs having jealous behavior, or they punish you since they want to want to be locked out. My parents used to have this problem when they left town, their dog would get into their room and go to the bathroom all over the place, but only when they are gone. I dont know how to fix this, and if i should be punishing her for it, because it isnt getting through.

bubbatd

Sorry, I don't know your dog's age, breed etc. As to your parents , I've learned that a lot of dogs if anxious about being left behind and not found, will poop and pee so their owners can " find their scent " home. I had that when I moved into this house,,, both dogs who had been housebroken for years left their scent for me. Didn't take long for them to realize I hadn't left them forever !

IliamnasQuest

Loves off-leash training!
It sounds to me like your dog has an anxiety problem going on. I really seriously don't think that your dog is being spiteful in any way. You lock her out of your room, she is nervous and unhappy being away from you and she ends up pottying as close as she can to where you are. It's not a deliberate "I'm mad at you so I'm going to do this RIGHT here" kind of thing. She's upset, and that's a normal way for a dog to act when they're upset.

So what I would do is try to give her another place that can be a quiet happy place for her. This is where having a crate and crate-training your dog really helps. First of all, when you're going to make her stay out of your room, be sure she's just had an opportunity to go out and go potty. Then put her in the new place (crate or a small fenced off area on some linoleum somewhere). Put special "puppy pacifiers" in there with her. These can be raw knuckle bones, kong or other rubber toys stuffed with tiny pieces of dog biscuits and peanut butter or squeeze cheese, etc. You want to give her safe things but also yummy things that she will want to chew on. Put those in with her, turn on a radio for some quiet background music, tell her "goodnight" calmly and walk away.

You can do this some during the day when you're wandering around the house doing things, which also gives you an opportunity to wander by and drop a couple of special treats (tiny pieces of meat or cheese) in with her while she's being quiet. You do NOT want to give her those little treats if she's fussing, but when she's quiet is a perfect time to let her know how proud you are of her.

The way you have things now, she is basically being set up to potty outside your door over and over. If you're punishing her, you are probably just making it worse because she's already upset and you're increasing that stress. By changing the situation, giving her a safe place to be, and no longer allowing her access outside your door then you're on the right step to controlling her anxiety.

Good luck!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska

Doberluv

Dogs do not have the ability to do things out of spite or to think in such human, complex, devious or dishonest ways. That said, make sure your dog has had the chance to go to the bathroom and don't leave it unattended if it's not house broken. I agree with the above post in that your dog may need some more structured activity. If this is a marking behavior, you need to beef up your leadership role by being the one who instigates play, attention, treats etc and not the one who reacts to demands for those things by your dog. Training here and there throughout the day helps this too.

kity cat

active pup
dogs behaver

if your dog is peeing and poping in your house then ever morning you must put it out and and fech it in five minet and if you did this every moning it will stop:D

Most dogs hate being blocked from being with their owner, and many just hate barriers. A lot of dogs will obsessively push open every door in a house, even though the only thing of interest on the other side may be an empty room. So when you lock your dog out, she gets very upset for two different reasons, and that excitement level is probably affecting her bladder -both increasing her need to go and lessening her ability to hold it. Neither is an obedience issue. You need to manage the situation differently. Attention, exercise and discipline are the places to start, because they give you increased control over the situation and help your dog be more tired, more relaxed and happier. Make sure you're giving her enough time when it's appropriate, then tackle the problem of getting her to accept being separated from you.

Funran

thanks guys, she is about a year old, and this is the only time i ever have problems with her as far as going to the bathroom. She does have a crate that she calls home when im not around, or when she needs quite time, i guess i just put her out of the room, only for a min, and she did it.

It sounds like it may be caused from anxiety from being seperated from you.

Just my 2 cents.

This happened with one of my pets. She would start to freek out if I closed the door to my bedroom.

Dean

Members online

No members online now.