How's the weather?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
This is here right right now.

And for those that are rooting him on, Daddy One Wing aptly named by Renee is not leaving the feeder. IT's snowing sideways. I wish I could get htem all in, there are a couple dozen cardinals out there but they won't cooperate and squish in so I can get them in the frame.

snow with thunder....cooool literally.

Last edited:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Well last weekend it snowed. Early this week it was 60+°F. Mid-week it snowed. And today/tonight/tomorrow we're supposed to get some nasty ice, from the sound of it.

Yay for the Midwest...

Also, <3 to your Cardinals :) Our bluebirds have been arriving over the last couple weeks and I love seeing their flashes of blue and red

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
3 hours later still coming on strong..no more thunder..darn
snowy cardinal faces.

poor little solders

the girls and juvi's are down below. THe males seem to take the seed down to them, which is an aww as far as I am concerned. Still snowing and this is I guess all I am capable of doing this morning. I am as frozen as a snowman even with a fire in the fireplace.

guess I need a new name for my "area". Besides Groundhog crossing we have
Cardinal Crest..since it is the top of a hill. Now I have two signs to make.
The finches all flew the coop, they couldn't compete with this many cardinals, and bluejays. There are only 3 of those.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My son had to drive an hour to work. HE said he is running out of ways to get home, since two highways are closed. Now to worry, he does have 4 wheel drive in the truck so that helps.

Tahla9999

Horrible. It goes from rain to cold, to little days of sunshine, to rain again.

Snark

Mutts to you
We're south of I-44 (west of St. Louis), getting a lot of sleet and freezing rain. :( I'd rather have snow...

At least my supervisor was letting people go home early, especially those with a longer drive home (me!)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Sends cold air through the screen at Jessie. Even with the fire, I am chilling and my toes are numb.

Vibes for a safe journey Snark. Worried about my son I am. Hearing loads of sirens. Now the wind is really picking up.

Yeah, here is south St Louis is pretty much just sleet:/ I am thankful its very little freezing rain but I wish it was snow!!!

DH was able to stay home so we are having a nice family day.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It finally stopped. WE didnt' get as much as they predicted, but it's still a lot of wet heavy snow. AFter my last episode attempting to shovel out, I have accepted defeat. WHatever was in me that had no problem in the past, has a problem now. My feet freeze almost immediantly and take forever to get the blood back in. My hands are not much better and that is just to begin. So I have bribed Hyia with xtra money for the Rock and Mineral show if she can handle the whole thing. IF not, I guess I will go no where until someone helps me. I have never had to say that in the past and it goes down like a bitter pill. Goes to fluff the fire.

Snark

Mutts to you
The sleet turned to snow for a bit, now we're back to sleet again. :(

Tried getting photos of the snow as it was coming down (and sideways).
Looking north on our road...

Looking south...

Looking at Murphy...

Members online

No members online now.