Our Butterflies

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Thought I would share these here since I'm pretty impressed with them LOL

These are the butterflies that we raised up from teeny little caterpillars and released into our flower garden yesterday

hope you enjoy them. they are painted lady butterflies

In this picture you can see the proboscus (the thin black thing that looks like a leg... it's how they eat)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I love painted ladies!!! Hyia and I found a catiplillar on the willow tree today. WE will be watching it out there hoping a bird doesn't get it. I don't care how many times you see this happen, its amazing every single time.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Thank you :) They are very beautiful. I'm so glad he stopped right there on the flower and posed so nicely for me :)

It was funny when we released them becuase Hannah went right up to the little butterfly house and was looking in and one flew out and right at her and she was backing up and he kept following her HAHAHA she didn't know WHAT to think about that. and I just kept hoping she wouldn't swat it lol.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Thank you

I can't believe he let me get that close to him. I was seriously only inches away from him and he didn't even flinch lol

Buckshot

You have inspired me to take a 5 hour drive to Denver and get some macros at the Butterfly Pavilion. I spose Ill check out the Zoo, Botanic gardens and museum too.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Sparks, I love these! :) I miss watching Painted Lady Butterflies grow up. . we used to do that every year when I was a kid. :(

Buckshot, I hope we get to see those pictures. I want to go to the Butterfly Pavillion next time I'm in Denver.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
oooooooh buckshot... looking forward to seeing pictures.

there is a butterfly house in hershey that I would LOVE to take Hannah to and get some photos.

my photography is nothing short of amateur but with butterflies... that really doesn't matter cause their beauty outshines everything else lol.

this was a really cool experience and we have seen them hanging around a few times too which is SO neat :)

and Thank you everyone for the comments :)

Members online

No members online now.