Eggs?

Saje

Island dweller
Eggs are good for dogs. I usually give mine whole and raw and let them play with them and crack them open. Sometimes I save the shells and grind them up for a calcium powder.

As for meat, well there are different schools of thought on whether raw is better than cooked. It's not necessarily 'better.' A lot of people don't agree that it is and a lot think it is better. The best thing you can do is get some books and do your own research.

Maxy24

Eggs have protein and protein is good for dogs because they are carnivores. I believe it helps there coat look better and can relieve dry skin. the shells are high in calcium, which is good for bones (as I'm sure you know) and teeth of course.

As far as raw it is recommended because it most closely resembles what they would eat in the wild. they are canines and can handle raw, much better than they can handle grains. They get a lot more out of it. I have not done any research on it and don't plan to feed it simply because It seems like it would be expensive and I'm afraid I will do it wrong, plus it seems time consuming. If you can do research on it then you can ee if it is right for you and your dogs. Others who have fed raw can probably give you more info and raw benefits.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Eggs are great for dogs... I give each of my chis a raw egg 2-3 times a week. Eggs make their coats shiny and contain protein.

Maxy24

How old do yall start feeding your dogs eggs?

your pups 7 wks. right? You can feed eggs now. I don't think there is any danger in feeding them to a young dog there is nothing that could hurt them. you can mix the egg into their dry food, that's what I did with Max.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
My dogs eat raw eggs a couple times a week as well.
I don't lessen the kibble when I give eggs. To me, it's an extra, and I don't take away some of their other nutrition to give them the eggs.

Members online

No members online now.