So Proud, HUGE Improvement!

Well I just wanted to share with all you the huge improvment Duke made a training on the weekend. All my friends think Im crazy when I get so excitied about things like this. lol. But all you dog lovers understand :) So this past weekend was our 6th lesson for training (one more to go) I took Duke mainly because of his leash agression. In our class there is a bull mastiff and a ridgeback who would set Duke off anytime they would look in his direction. Well Saturdays class Duke was amazing. We walked into class and he was quite never got worked up over the other dogs in his class and then we did heeling work and again was perfect. Then the big test. We all lied up in a row and faced the trainer. We ended up beside the bullmastiff. We put the dogs in a down stay. And perfection! Duke was about 6 feet away from the bullmastiff and did his down stay for the full 15 minutes without even so much as payed any attention to the other dogs. I was so proud! He was the only dog that did the down/stay the whole time without getting up. I was so happy when we left training. I know that his leash agression doesnt go away over night but that was a huge step in the right direction and now I just keep workin on it every day until the problem is solved :) Sorry it was so long.

Members online

No members online now.