average price of dogs

I know that in each breed of dog the prices would vary between breeders, but on average what would be the cost of a golden retreiver and a english bulldog. Do you guys know any websites that show prices or something, or a site for UK breeders?

showpug

In the USA, a bulldog from a reputable breeder should be between $2000-$2500 anything less is usally poorly bred and a weak example of the breed.

I have researched Goldens once and found that reputable breeders sell them for $800-$1200 depending on show or pet quality.

I don't know about the UK. Just make sure you really do your research. Websites of breeders that list prices are generally not good ones.

I know that in each breed of dog the prices would vary between breeders, but on average what would be the cost of a golden retreiver and a english bulldog. Do you guys know any websites that show prices or something, or a site for UK breeders?
I don't have an answer for you but I have to agree, if you are looking for prices off a website or planning to buy from a breeder who advertizes off a website, these are not the sort of breeders you want to buy a dog from.

Julie

I am back again.
Just wanted to mention.........A high price doesn't guarantee a good breeder or a great bred dog. There are many BYB's that charge an outrageous amount that could be mistaken for a reputable breeder.

Do your research on how a great breeder operates!

:)

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Just wanted to mention.........A high price doesn't guarantee a good breeder or a great bred dog. There are many BYB's that charge an outrageous amount that could be mistaken for a reputable breeder.

Do your research on how a great breeder operates!

:)
I agree. Most backyard breeders will charge a lot just because people who are buying on impulse are more apt to shell out the cash because they puppy is there, it's SO cute, and it's available NOW (no waiting on a waiting list for a puppy, or answering scrutizing questions just pay and go). I would suggest trying to check out shows, or some dog magazines have a breeder registry in the back of them and you could check those out. Try asking your vet as well because ours got us in touch with our bernese's breeder and he even personally called and interviewed a few breeders for us.

Members online

No members online now.